Over the last nine months, we have met with hundreds of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community partners and gathered input from a thousand more as we crafted the university's next strategic plan.
While the Wright State campus community values a multitude of essential activities, services, and initiatives, one theme emerged from all that input: the importance of keeping our students as the center of the plan. That's why we have proposed making The Wright State Experience the centerpiece of the Wright Path to 2025: Pride, Transformation, Potential. We propose that this experience is where we truly deliver on our mission. It refers to the effect of all we do to help our students as we prepare them to excel in their lives and chosen careers. This student experience is what differentiates us.
Every aspect of the plan will revolve around this theme.
In our draft strategic plan, we will propose that The Wright State Experience focus on five important areas of strategic focus:
- Wright State University will provide an inclusive, diverse student-centered experience through a holistic support system.
- We will strengthen our service-oriented culture by identifying and eliminating barriers to increase efficiency and support accessibility.
- We will leverage our innovative education, research, service, and entrepreneurial partnerships to produce graduates who excel in their fields and generate economic and societal prosperity for our region.
- We will deliver accessible, experiential, high-quality programs that address the diverse educational and professional development needs of our students and community.
- We will engage the community in creating innovative, strategic, and deliberate win-win partnerships.