COVID-19 Facility Improvements for Campus Safety
As we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic emergency, we encourage you to check back here for the latest updates and improvements in facility operations.
Wright State Facilities Management and Campus Operations has been working hard to achieve a safe and friendly learning environment for our students in anticipation of the start of the 2020 Fall Semester. We take this responsibility seriously and the health and safety of the campus community is our highest priority.
Here are a few measures we have taken or will be implementing in preparation for this safe return to campus:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of public spaces. Cleaning with soap and water decreases the amount of virus on surfaces and objects, which reduces the risk of exposure. Disinfection is achieved by using EPA-approved products against COVID-19 to help reduce risk. High-touch points, including doors handles, elevator buttons, handrails, that are touched by multiple people are also frequently disinfected.
- To ensure a minimum of six feet between people, transaction shields, or barriers manufactured by Wright State facilities personnel will be provided to campus areas where frequent person-to-person interaction occurs.
- Occupancy limits for restrooms and elevators will be posted.
- Foot pedals manufactured by Wright State facilities personnel will be installed to provide touchless door operation on all restroom doors.
- All classrooms will be arranged to provide safe six-foot physical distancing.
- Decals and signage will clearly identify safe places to stand and sit all over campus.
- Additional hand sanitizers have been installed across campus and are strategically located in all buildings.
- Four electrostatic cleaning machines have been purchased to sanitize large spaces and classrooms.
- Signage is posted to remind the campus community of health and safety protocols and procedures.
- As budgets allow and mandates dictate, additional air purification and sanitization options are being explored and will be implemented
- As budgets and funding are made available, sanitation stations and products will be installed and made available across campus.
All of these initiatives will be implemented and strictly enforced across all Wright State University facilities, including Lake Campus.