2018 Summer Employment Opportunity
- After application review, we will notify all candidates that either we are interested in setting up an interview or are moving forward with pursuing other candidates.
The purpose of the Summer Conference Assistant (SCA) position is to make a conference stay at WSU enjoyable and productive. This is a summer student employee position that works for Residence Life and Housing.
Requirements for Employment
- Must be able to fulfill the term of employment (4/29/18 to 8/5/18). End date may adjust for RA training.
- Must be registered for Fall semester classes by May 1.
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing.
- Must have completed one semester of attendance at Wright State University before employment date.
- Additional employment or outside commitment is limited (8-10 hours a week) depending on class load and work schedules. Conference Directors will review all employees' schedules and approve accordingly.
- Conference experience, Leadership Experience, Residence Life or customer service experience is highly preferred.
- $9.00/ hour-up to 28 hours a week.
- Guaranteed 10 hours when holding Summer Conference on-call duty phone
- Summer Housing-Single occupancy room in the Woods (1st Boston) or Honors (3rd East).
- Local phone, cable, and connectivity service summer semester-
- Fun and rewarding summer experience
- Personal growth and rewards
- Attend required training sessions during spring and summer semester.
- Attend weekly summer conference meetings and individual meetings as scheduled.
- SCAs will be expected to supply a 24-hour duty coverage when conferences or Guest Housing are on campus in the respective communities. There will be two summer conference duty phones. The Woods SCA staff will rotate one phone. The Honors/Hamilton/Guest Housing staff will rotate one phone.
- When on duty, an SCA is available and working in the conference areas.
- Days off are determined by the number of check-ins and check-outs occurring.
- Assist with the placement and collection of linens, pillows and blankets for camps using linen.
Maintain Safe and Organized Conference Programs
- Help the conference staff with their programs.
- Enforce legal and policy infractions in a kind manner.
- Perform room checks as conferences are checking-out of a community.
- Report maintenance requests as needed.
- Assist conference guests in solving individual concerns during their stay.
- Complete daily/nightly rounds throughout the conference housing areas.
- Prepare reports and paperwork as assigned.
- Communicate daily with the Conference Directors.
- Assume additional tasks and duties as requested from the conference directors.
For more information please call Mark D. Queen Jr. at (937) 775-3309 or email at email@example.com