Call 911 on campus phone or (419) 586-7724 on cell or off campus phone to report any known or suspected accidental or intentional spill or release.
Follow instructions given by emergency response personnel.
Inside a building
- Evacuate the immediate area, closing doors to the area where possible.
- Someone familiar with the situation should meet emergency response personnel outside the building.
- If injuries or suspected exposure to the materials, inform emergency response personnel that medical assistance is needed.
- DO NOT re-enter the area until instructed by emergency response personnel.
- DO NOT attempt to clean up chemical/hazardous material unless directed by Environmental Health and Safety staff.
Major Transportation Incident
- Releases may occur during material transfer procedures or as a result of an accident/crash involving
- An aircraft
- Highway traffic
If you witness or become aware of a chemical or hazardous material release
- Call 911 on campus phone or (419) 586-7724 on cell or off campus phone.
- You may be instructed to
- Make sure you get upwind of the incident scene as quickly as possible.
- If getting upwind is not possible, move laterally away.
- DO NOT move downwind of the scene.
If you are exposed to the chemical/hazardous material:
- Make use of the nearest emergency shower and/or eyewash if available. The location of you nearest emergency shower/eyewash is (write in location below):
- Cover your mouth and nose with layers of cloth (handkerchief, towel, etc.),
- Move as far away from the source of contamination as possible.
- Wash with soap and water.
- Remove contaminated clothing as soon as possible.
- Call 911 on campus phone or (419) 586-7724 on cell or off campus phone and report your exposure.