This Emergency Action Plan (EAP) is intended to assist Wright State University employees, students, and visitors in preparing for and responding to bomb threats while at the University.
Preparing for a threat
Familiarize yourself with the Bomb Threat Checklist. Store a copy under your phone.
Anyone who receives a phone call or written communication indicating a bomb threat or explosion should complete the Bomb Threat Checklist and immediately notify University Police at 937-775-2111 from a cell phone or 911 from a university phone to report the threat.
Response Procedures for a Bomb Threat
A telephone bomb threat:
- Stay calm
- Take down as much information as you can on the checklist below
- Note the exact time of the call
- Attempt to write down the exact words of the caller
- Try to ask clear and exact questions about the threat (type, time, place, etc.)
- Try to note the caller’s voice (lisp, gender, jargon, etc.)
- Immediately contact University Police at 937-775-2111 from a cell phone or 911 from a university phone to report the threat
Bomb Threat Checklist
The bomb threat checklist is available online as a fillable document, but can also be printed off and filled out manually. The checklist will be provided by Emergency Management. After the checklist is filled out, it should be given to University Police.
Call University Police at 937-775-2111 or 911 from a university phone