Organizational Effectiveness Lecture Series
2013 Events and Speakers
Dr. Scott Taylor
Dr. Scott Taylor is an expert in positive leadership development. His research has focused especially on the emotional and social competencies of leaders, focusing specific attention on how to help people develop an understanding of how their actions create organizational impacts. He has an MBA with concentrations in organizational behavior and human resource policy and a PhD in organizational behavior from Case Western Reserve University.
Scott is currently a professor in the Anderson School of Business, University of New Mexico, where he is a Daniels Fund Business Ethics Fellow and an Anderson Foundation Fellow. Scott has extensive experience both studying and practicing leadership development. He has worked for nearly 20 years as a consultant and scholar with organizations such as Ernst & Young, Sabre, and Fifth-Third Bank, among many others. Prior to joining the University of New Mexico, he was a faculty member at the School of Management, Boston University, and currently he works nationwide with clients through the Weatherhead Executive Education program at Case Western Reserve University.
Ms. Jaclyn Smith
Ms. Jaclyn Smith is the Vice President of CareSource University at CareSource, a Medicaid managed care organization. She is a learning and performance professional with over 20 years of experience, and has worked in a variety of organizations and industries in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors as well as running her own Learning & Performance firm. At CareSource, she oversees corporate learning, organizational development, and succession planning as well as the company’s performance management processes. Jackie lives with her husband in Dayton, Ohio.
Jaclyn has presented national and regional conferences on a variety of skills and building the case for corporate universities. Her educational background includes a degree in Education from Miami University, Ohio and Luxembourg. In addition, she is a certified facilitator in a variety of training and development programs, organizational assessments and Myers-Briggs profiling and has served as an adjunct faculty member for professional development at Antioch McGregor in Ohio. As a volunteer, she is active in leading business teams into developing countries where they teach business principles and provide consulting services for local leaders.
Associate E-Learning Consultant, CareSource. Lauren helps develop synchronous and asynchronous courses as well as instructor-led courses. Lauren is a 2012 Wright State University graduate.
2012 Events and Speakers
Kim S. Cameron
Associate Dean, Executive Education; William Russell Kelly Professor of Management and Organizations, University of Michigan
Ph.D., Yale University
M.A., Yale University
M.S., Brigham Young University
B.S., Brigham Young University
Kim S. Cameron is the William Russell Kelly Professor of Management and Organizations in the Ross School of Business and professor of higher education in the School of Education at the University of Michigan. Cameron has served as dean and Albert J. Weatherhead Professor of Management in the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University, as associate dean and Ford Motor Co./Richard E. Cook Professor in the Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University, and as a department chair and director of several executive education programs at the University of Michigan. He also served on the faculties of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Ricks College. He organized and directed the Organizational Studies Division of the National Center for Higher Education Management Systems in Boulder, Colorado.
Cameron's past research on organizational downsizing, effectiveness, quality culture, virtuousness, and the development of management skills has been published in more than 120 articles and 14 books. His current research focuses on the virtuousness of and in organizations and their relationships to organizational success. He is one of the co-founders of the Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship at the University of Michigan.
He served on the National Research Council, was president of Bay Asset Funding Corporation, and was a Fulbright Distinguished Scholar. He is a graduate of Leadership Cleveland Class of 2000 and a recipient of the Organizational Behavior Teaching Society's Outstanding Educator Award. He currently consults with a variety of business, government, and educational organizations in North America, South America, Asia, Africa, and Europe.
He is married to Melinda Cummings and has seven children.
Executive Education Classes Taught
- Advanced Human Resource Executive Program
- Amcor PET
- Atlanta Leadership Symposium
- Atlanta Leadership Symposium - Leadership and Innovation: Strategies to Jumpstart Your Growth Engine
- Atlanta Leadership Symposium - Positive Leadership: Achieving Spectacular Performance, Boehringer Ingelheim SLDP - Module 1, Boehringer Ingelheim SLDP - Module 2, Boehringer Ingelheim SLDP - Module 3, Building Strength through Everest Goals
- CH2M HILL Follow-Up
- CH2M HILL Leadership Program
- CH2M Hill Senior Leader Integration
- CH2MHILL POS Abundance Presentation
- Clariant Speakers Bureau
- Clariant Strategic Management Program
- Directors' Network
- Dubai Holding: Creating Organizational Culture through Positive Leadership
- EP Partners Program
- Executive Leadership Institute for Spectrum Health
- GS Global Executive Program
- HR All Management Forum
- Implementing Four Strategies That Lead to Extraordinary Performance
- Intelligence Learning Network Executive Program Development
- Intelligence Learning Network: Leading the Intelligence Community
- Intelligence Learning Network: Leading the Intelligence Community Kick-Off
- Leadership in Plant Operations
- Leading Change and Innovation
- Leading Cultural Transformation at Hurley
- Leading Edge Programme
- Leading the New Telefonica
- Libbey - Leadership Development Program
- M & T Bank Leadership Development Program Module 1
- MERS POS Program
- Management of Managers
- Pitney Bowes Leadership Program
- Positive Leadership
- Positive Leadership: Building Extraordinary Personal Leadership Capabilities
- Positive Leadership: Creating Spectacular Organizational Success
- Positive Strategic Leadership-Hong Kong
- Prudential ESMT
- Prudential Speakers Bureau
- Shui On Senior Management Certificate Program 1 - Leadership, Speaker Event April 17, 2007 - OMIPM Summit
- The Andersons' Strategic Planning Meeting
- The Michigan Ross Executive Program
- UMHS CVC Coaching
- UMHS Nurses Program
- UMHS Program - LDP05
- UMHS Program - LDP06
- UMHS Program - LDP08
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement Speakers Bureau
- Value Health Partners
- Voyage of Discovery
- Organizational Effectiveness: A Comparison of Multiple Models 1 Dec 1982
- Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture: Based on the Competing Values Framework, Revised Edition 1 Dec 2005
- Leading with Values: Positivity, Virtue, and High Performance 1 Jan 2006
- Making the Impossible Possible: Leading Extraordinary Performance—The Rocky Flats Story 1 Jan 2006
- Competing Values Leadership: Creating Value in Organizations 1 Dec 2006
- Positive Leadership: Strategies for Extraordinary Performance 1 Jan 2008
Douglas A. Fecher
Douglas A. Fecher is president and CEO of Wright-Patt Credit Union, Inc., holding this position since December 2000. He has spent his entire career working in the credit union industry, starting as a teller at ChacoCredit Union, Inc., in Hamilton, Ohio. At WPCU he’s also held positions as vice president of lending and chief operating officer.
Fecher has extensive involvement within the credit union industry. He is chairman of the Board of Managers of myCUmortgage and a board member of Prime Alliance, Inc., a credit union mortgage technology company. He also sits on the board of Cooperative Business Services, a credit union commercial lending company; on the board of trustees of Callahan & Associates, a credit union consulting company; and on the board of managers of Credit Union Outreach Solutions, Inc., a credit union support company.
Fecher also chairs the National Credit Union Roundtable and sits on the Governmental Affairs Committee of both the Credit Union National Association and Ohio Credit Union League. He is a member of the Filene Research Institute Research Council, a credit union think-tank headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin.
Fecher’s civic involvement includes being a member of the Dayton Development Coalition Board of Trustees, a past member of the Board of Trustees of the Muse Machine (serving as chairman of its Strategic Planning Committee), and a past chairman of the Greene County Heart Walk for the American Heart Association. He is a 2003 graduate of Leadership Dayton.
On the national level, Fecher serves on the Board of Trustees of the Consumer Federation of America, the nation’s leading organization advocating on behalf of consumers.
Degrees and Certifications
- Bachelor of Business Administration – University of Cincinnati
- Certified Credit Union Executive (Credit Union Executives Society)
- 2008 – Ohio Credit Union League’s “Professional of the Year” for excellence in credit union management
- Past winner of “Forty under 40” – Cincinnati Business Courier
Financial Solutions Coach
Ashley Franer, a financial solutions coach, has been with Wright-Patt Credit Union for the past six years. She recently received her bachelor's degree in management and human resources from Wright State University.She will share her perspective on how changes in the Wright-Patt Credit Union have affected and engaged employees throughout the organization.
- Bachelor of Management and Human Resources – Wright State University