Diversity 101: This interactive workshop is an introduction to understanding the concepts of diversity and inclusion in a modern multicultural context. Participants will explore issues related to their own identities as well as strategies for enhancing empathy, reducing prejudice and increasing their ability to live and work effectively among different cultural and identity groups.
Valuing International Cultures: This workshop will explore issues related to reducing xenophobia on campus. Participants will examine assumptions related to what it means to be a U.S. citizen, common perceptions about other nationalities and strategies for increasing their intercultural communication skills. This workshop is highly interactive.
Diversity in the Classroom: This workshop will examine how issues of identity impact teaching and learning in the college classroom. The session will provide an introduction to theories of identity development and how they play out in classroom dynamics and discuss the concept of stereotype threat including ways to diminish it. It will also explore strategies for capitalizing on the teachable moments presented when potentially controversial topics are discussed in the classroom.
Civility 101: The session will discuss strategies to promote considerate conduct in the workplace and classroom. It will explore the rules of email and social media etiquette, the relationship between civility, respect and inclusion as well as how to respond to incivility in ways that are productive.
To schedule a training for your group, please contact Pat Jones at 775-5240 or email@example.com
Funding your Education
Web-based Articles, Reports, and Links
Scholarly Articles and Reports (authentication through WSU Libraries needed)
Rankings for universities regarding diversity and inclusion
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education: Ranking America's Leading Universities on Their Success in Integrating African Americans
- LGBT–Friendly Campus Climate Index
- The Advocate College Guide for LGBT Students
- Hispanic Magazine: The Top 25 Colleges for Hispanics
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education: Top 100 Producers of Minority Degrees
- The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine: Top 100 Hispanic Degree Earners by the Numbers
- US News & World Report: Best Colleges