Documents containing sensitive data should not be scanned to email on Wright State University printers or copiers. Email is not considered a safe method to transfer sensitive data containing information like social security numbers or credit card information.
DO NOT send sensitive information via scanned documents through email.
- Sensitive information could include student, faculty, and staff UID information, grades, credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, passport information, etc.
- Your personal information sent through email to HR, Payroll, or other departments on campus
- Email is not a secure method of sending or storing sensitive information
DO use File Locker as an alternative.
- Download the document you need to submit to your H:// drive
- Fill out the document and save changes
- Login to filelocker.wright.edu using your campus username and password
- Upload the document to FileLocker
- FileLocker can be used to securely share and request files and data
- FileLocker works with people from both inside and outside of WSU
- The recipient of the file you share will receive an email notifying them a file has been shared with them
- For more information about FileLocker, visit https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/security/filelocker
- Scanning to Network K:// and R:// drives is a safe way to store and save sensitive data
- Drop off sensitive data to the department it needs to be delivered to
- Read more about campus Xerox printers on the Campus Auxiliary and Business Services website
If you have questions about printing, scanning, or what kind of documents are considered sensitive data, contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.