Strategic Hiring Committee- Timeline & Procedures as of July 2019
FY 20 budgets have been reset and ensuring accountability to meet these budgets remains paramount.
Committee Members: Cheryl Meyer, Shari Mickey-Boggs, John Shipley, Sommer Todd; others may be designated by Provost & Chief Business Officer as needed.
Process: The Strategic Hiring Committee will continue into FY 20. The following processes will be used:
- 100% externally funded positions flow through regular workflow and if funding exists, they are approved for immediate hire without review by Strategic Hire Committee (SHC);
- Lake Campus and BSOM positions flow through regular workflow and if current year funding exists, they are approved for immediate hire without review by the SHC;
- Emergency hires will continue - please send an email request to Jacqueline Robinson and Sommer Todd as point of contact; these are discussed via email and fast tracked for approval due to health, safety, compliance and accreditation requirements (legal and academic); SHC recommendation for emergency hires are submitted to the Chief Business Officer for final decision-making with the President;
- A monthly review of other vacancies will occur for recommendation by the SHC to the President & Chief Business Officer
- Positions approved as part of budget hearings along with recent separations will need to be validated and be approved on a case by case basis.
In FY20, the committee will be focused on individual hires; any reorganizations need to go through the Provost or Chief Business Officer and must have their approval along with a financial evaluation attached prior to submission to the SCH.
|Deadline to submit request to HR Compensation Queue||Deadline to submit request to Provost Queue||Strategic Hiring Committee Meeting Dates|
July 10, 2019
|July 17, 2019||July 24, 2019|
|August 7, 2019||August 14, 2019||August 21, 2019|
|September 3, 2019||September 10, 2019||September 17, 2019|
|October 2, 2019||October 9, 2019||October 16, 2019|
|November 5, 2019||November 12, 2019||November 19, 2019|
|December 3, 2019||December 10, 2019||December 17, 2019|
|January 8, 2020||January 15, 2020||January 22, 2020|
|February 4, 2020||February 11, 2020||February 18, 2020|
|March 4, 2020||March 11, 2020||March 18, 2020|
|April 8, 2020||April 15, 2020||April 22, 2020|
|May 4, 2020||May 11, 2020||May 18, 2020|
|June 2, 2020||June 9, 2020||
June 16, 2020