Benefits Open Enrollment is a once-a-year opportunity for benefit-eligible employees to reflect on their current benefit elections and make any necessary changes for the upcoming year. HR will continue with an active enrollment which requires all benefit-eligible employees to make a selection to waive, terminate, continue, or enroll in coverage for 2021 through WINGS Express. Changes made during open enrollment take effect January 1, 2021.
During open enrollment you can:
- Waive, continue, enroll, terminate or change medical, dental, and/or vision coverage
- Add or remove dependents from coverage
- Participate in a Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare and/or Dependent Day Care)
- Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HDHP participants only)
- Change your Short-Term Disability and/or Supplemental Life Insurance coverage (paper process)
Outside of the Open Enrollment period, you can make changes within 31 days of experiencing a qualifying life event, such as birth, marriage, divorce, death, loss in other healthcare coverage, etc.
Understand Your Options
Wright State University provides tools and resources to help you make informed benefit decisions:
- Review the 2021 Open Enrollment information on the HR website.
- Schedule virtual one-on-one sessions with Anthem, Delta Dental, VSP and HORAN (the university’s benefit broker). Appointments are required.
- Attend a virtual Open Enrollment meeting or watch later on-demand.
- Need help with your online enrollment? Computer labs will be replaced with virtual one-on-one assistance with online enrollment. Appointments are required.
- Watch for emails from Human Resources.