Domestic Partnership

All benefit eligible, AAUP faculty may apply for Domestic Partnership (unmarried same sex and opposite sex) benefits. To apply for domestic partner benefits, the faculty member must establish the Domestic Partnership with WSU's Human Resources by submitting the following documentation:

1. Domestic Partnership Affidavit Form (PDF); and

2. Verification of interdependent financial relationship; and

3. Certification of Tax-Qualified Dependents (PDF) (if applicable)


Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Benefits

If you plan on adding a domestic partner to your health benefits or shifting to your domestic partner's insurance plan, you will need to complete the Healthcare Enrollment Form within thirty one (31) days of establishing the Domestic Partnership with WSU's Human Resources.

Life Insurance

Consider purchasing or increasing Voluntary Term or Group Universal Life Insurance coverage on yourself, as well as Voluntary Dependent Life Insurance coverage for your domestic partner and his or her child(ren) within thirty one (31) days of establishing the domestic partnership. Be sure to update the beneficiaries indicated on your life insurance policy by completing a Beneficiary Designation Form.


Contact your retirement vendor to verify and/or update your beneficiary designations. You will also need to notify your vendor of an address or name change. Contact information for the Retirement Vendors may be found on this site.

Fee Remission

The dependents of eligible faculty and staff are encouraged to enroll in classes at the university. Complete the Dependent Statement for Fee Remission Authorization to establish fee remission eligibility for your dometic partner.

Faculty and Staff Assistance Program

The Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) is a free benefit that offers confidential counseling and referral services to you, your household, and dependents living away from home.

Personal Information

Name and Address Change

Complete the Address/Name Change Form (PDF) to update your name, address and emergency contact information. If you are changing your name, you will be asked to provide a social security card indicating the new name for verification purposes. Visit the Name/Address Change section of Life Events for important additional information.

Direct Deposit

If you are changing bank accounts or want to change your direct deposit set-up, complete a Direct Deposit Authorization Form and submit it to the Payroll Department, 301D University Hall.