Domestic Partnership Benefits

All benefit eligible AAUP faculty members may apply for Domestic Partnership (unmarried same sex and opposite sex) benefits. To apply for domestic partner benefits, an employee must establish the Domestic Partnership with WSU's Human Resources by submitting the following documentation:

  1. Domestic Partnership Affidavit Form (PDF) ; and
    1. The City of Dayton Domestic Partner Registry is accepted in lieu of the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership Form. However, employees are required to complete the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership Form (notary not required) to obtain all pertinent information (domestic partner's and their children's information).
  2. Verification of interdependent financial relationship (refer to the Affidavit of Domestic Partnership Form for a list of acceptable documents); and
  3. Certification of Tax-Qualified Dependent Form (if applicable)


The premiums for the employee and his/her dependent children for healthcare (medical, dental and vision) will be withheld on a pre-tax basis. The additional premiums paid by the employee for healthcare coverage of a domestic partner and his/her dependent children, is withheld on an after-tax basis. In addition, the employer value of the selected healthcare for a domestic partner is considered taxable to the employee under IRS rules for federal, state and local taxes; and it reported as income on your annual W2.


During Open Enrollment you will need to enroll yourself and your eligible dependent child (ren) in your chosen medical, dental and vision benefits. Then, for each of these benefits, you will need to make a second elections for your domestic partner (and eligible children).