On this page:
Wright State will continue to provide free influenza immunizations (flu shots) for benefit-eligible employees. For 2021, the university will continue to extend this benefit to the spouses of benefit-eligible employees at no cost. Since the university’s medical plan is self-funded, providing on-campus flu shots is a lower cost option for the university. Human Resources and the School of Nursing, Kinesiology, and Health Sciences have teamed up to provide this service.
Everyone is encouraged to receive a flu shot. Individuals who are most at risk of contracting influenza are persons who are over age 65, persons who are under age 65 who have a chronic health condition such as heart, lung, or kidney disease or diabetes or are caregivers to people in these categories, all women who will be pregnant during the flu season, health-care workers involved in direct patient care, out-of-home caregivers and people with children younger than 6 months in the household. If you are pregnant, please bring your physician’s signed authorization to receive the vaccine.
- Participants are required to schedule an appointment to receive a vaccination.
- Participants are required bring a completed Immunization Authorization Form (PDF) to their appointment.
- Participants must request a copy of their Immunization Authorization Form during their appointment. A copy will be sent via secure email by November 19, 2021.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- At check-in:
- Employees must present either a State issued ID or Wright1 Card.
- Spouses must present a State issued ID.
- Wear a loose-fitting shirt/top or a short-sleeved shirt/top to allow the nurse to administer the shot in the left or right deltoid on one of your arms.
The School of Nursing Kinesiology, and Health Sciences will begin administering the vaccinations on October 18, 2021. The full schedule and links to schedule an appointment are listed below.
If you have any questions about whether you should receive the influenza vaccination, you are encouraged to discuss your situation with your physician or other health care provider. Questions regarding the program of providing flu shots can be emailed directly to email@example.com.
|October 18, 19, 21, 22||9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||
University Hall, 0B25
|November 1||9 a.m. to noon||