Homecoming 2017: September 25–October 1
On behalf of the Homecoming Committee, thank you for showing interest in participating in annual Wright State University Homecoming events! This application process was developed to support the ever-growing need for space on campus during Homecoming Week.
Homecoming Committee Goals
Many student, alumni association, and campus partner groups plan events annually. The Homecoming Committee aims to create a coordinated university wide effort to engage students, alumni, and the Wright State community in Homecoming activities to celebrate our past, present, and future while increasing spirit and pride for Wright State. Events planned for Homecoming should meet the following criteria:
- Showcase Wright State heritage
- Welcome alumni back to campus
- Bring students and alumni together
- Increase Wright State spirit and pride
The Homecoming Committee will choose the events to be included on the Homecoming schedule and subsequent marketing. Selection will be based upon the following criteria:
- Availability of time/space within the existing schedule
- Degree to which the event supports the Homecoming goals
- Degree to which the event meets a need not met by other Homecoming events and activities
This application must be completed and submitted to the Homecoming Committee before any space will be reserved during Homecoming Week. Your application will be reviewed by the Homecoming Committee.
The Homecoming Committee has the responsibility for developing the strategy for homecoming with the goal of increasing participation and interaction of the Wright State community (alumni, students, faculty, staff, friends) resulting in increased spirit and pride. The Homecoming Committee will oversee the development of student Homecoming events, alumni Homecoming events, and Wright State community Homecoming events.
- First-consideration date for space is May 1; second-consideration date is September 1.
- In order to be included on print marketing, all requests must be submitted by July 1.
- Digital marketing can be adjusted until seven days prior to Homecoming week.
- Students must still submit their events to OrgSync.