On this page:
- Seating for up to 50 students at a time
- Dedicated key card access between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m..
- Transfer of Entitlement students will have access from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Free printing
- Free coffee
- Computers (9)
- Quiet study room
- Team study room
- Conference room (must be reserved)
- Cable TV access
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave and hot-and-cold filtered water
- 24 lockers for daily/monthly usage (first come/first served)
- A mini-STAC (Student Assistance Technology Center) for multi-media production
- Mobile white boards
- Bulletin boards
Conditions of Use
- All guests must sign in.
- All guests must be accompanied by their Veteran and Military Center (VMC) sponsor
- All individuals must abide by posted rules while in the VMC or risk having their access denied.
- Office of Disability Services: The Office of Disability Services offers services, programs, and activities that allow students with disabilities to participate in all facets of university life.
- Tutoring: Free tutoring is available for active duty, veterans, guard/reservists, and those dependents receiving Post 9/11 Transfer of Entitlement and Chapter 35 DEA benefits through the Student Academic Success Center.
- Academic Integrity Workshop
- RaiderConnect: RaiderConnect is your primary point of contact for enrollment services previously delivered through the Offices of the Registrar, Bursar/Student Accounts, and Financial Aid.
- Student Support Services: Advocates for student success (student issues, parent services, critical issues)
- Priority Registration—Veterans and service members are permitted to register prior to the general student population. If you are currently not in a priority registration group, please contact the VMC for assistance. You will be asked to provide proof of service (DD214 or military ID).
Counseling and Wellness Services
Counseling and Wellness is here to promote optimal health and wellness through the provision of quality service and training to the Wright State community in a welcoming environment that appreciates multiculturalism and diversity and pursues social justice. They provide up to 12 free counseling sessions per academic year and more for only $10 per session.
Student Health Services
Student Health Services is your on-campus source for primary health care and wellness services. SHS provides acute and primary care services, promotes health awareness, educates students about preventive care, disease management and therapeutic choices, and helps you develop the skills to manage your own health. Located in the Student Union, SHS offers fast and convenient care with same-day walk-in service or physician appointments available.
Student Legal Services
Student Legal Services is a non-profit law firm employing full-time licensed Ohio attorneys and other legal professionals to provide confidential legal assistance and representation. The services are designed to assist you in resolving issues in areas otherwise difficult or impossible to obtain legal services at affordable prices while allowing you to continue your education at Wright State.
Dayton Campus Area Veteran Services Departments
- Clark County Veteran Services: The purpose of financial assistance is to provide temporary assistance to those who will make a conscientious effort to find a permanent solution to their financial problems.
- Greene County Veteran Services: The purpose of financial assistance is to provide temporary assistance to those who will make a conscientious effort to find a permanent solution to their financial problems.
- Miami County Veteran Services: The purpose of the Miami County Veterans Service Commission is NOT to subsidize an unsatisfactory lifestyle. Rather it is to provide TEMPORARY ASSISTANCE to those who will make a conscientious effort find a permanent solution to their financial problems.
- Montgomery County Veteran Services: Emergency assistance is provided to qualifying veterans, spouses, dependent children, dependent parents and surviving spouses on an emergency basis. Financial assistance is not a pension, wage replacement, or an automatic entitlement program, but a short-term temporary program to assist on an emergency basis to provide the basics of life.
Lake Campus Area Veteran Services Department
Auglaize County Veteran Services: Financial assistance applications are taken by the office and presented to the Veterans Service Commissioners on a monthly basis. The board considers eligibility, income, bills, the emergency need, and any other information pertaining to the case.
Healthcare is a vital part of ensuring that you're covered financially during an emergency or office visit. You may be eligible for healthcare through your local VA Medical Center. Other services include:
- VA Health Care: VA offers health benefits to most veterans without charging enrollment fees, monthly premiums or deductibles. The VA provides access to health care at 44 facilities across Ohio.
- How to Apply for VA Health Benefits: The simplest way to apply for VA health benefits is by completing and submitting VA Form 10-10EZ, CA Application for Health Benefits, online.
- By Phone: You can apply for enrollment of your benefits or update your information by phone by calling 1-877-222-VETS (8387), Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Eastern Time). A VA representative will have your completed form sent to you for verification and signature.
- By Mail: Print the 10-10EZ form or call to have the form mailed to you. Complete and sign the application, then mail it to:
Health Eligibility Center
2957 Clairmont Road, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30329-1647
- In Person: Visit a VA Medical Center or clinic nearest you to apply for enrollment, or, if you are already enrolled, to update your information in person.
Psychological and Counseling
- VA Mental Health Counseling: The Department of Veterans Affairs provides mental health counseling at seven centers across Ohio. It also operates a crisis hotline offering free and confidential support for veterans and their families.
- General number: (877) 927-8387
- Crisis hotline: (800) 273-8255
- You are not alone!