On this page:
- Go to http://va.gov
- Under "Education" click on "Apply for education benefits."
Application Forms for Educational Benefits
|Benefit||Chapter Number||Application Form|
|Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty||Ch. 30||22-1990|
|Vocational Rehabilitation||Ch. 31||28-1900|
|Post 9/11 Veteran||Ch. 33||22-1990|
|Post 9/11 Transfer of Entitlement||Ch. 33||22-1990E|
|Survivors and Dependents Assistance||Ch. 35||22-5490|
|Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve||1606||22-1990|
If you have received educational benefits previously, you do not need to file the VONAPP application again. You will, however, need to fill out a Change of Place of Training form. For chapters 30, 1606, and Post 9/11, this is the 22-1995 form or the 22-5495 form if you are using Chapter 35 benefits.
- If you are eligible for a college fund under other GI Bill programs, you will continue to receive your college fund payments. Rather than receiving them monthly, you will be paid a lump sum payment each term that you are enrolled.
- If you participated in the $600 buy-up under the Montgomery GI Bill or REAP you will not receive that additional benefit under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program (ONGSP) is non-refundable to the student. For example, those eligible for 60 percent of the Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit, ONGSP will pay the remaining 40 percent tuition balance.
- If you have exhausted all 36 months of Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (Chapter 30) benefits, you may qualify for an additional 12 months of benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33).
- If you are currently using and have not exhausted education benefits under Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (Chapter 30), you can set up an appointment with our office to discuss switching to Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33).