The Teacher Leader Endorsement Program's design allows its candidates to complete the program within two terms. The program's nine semester hours consist of coursework and associated field-based activities. All three 3-hour endorsement courses are embedded and delivered within the Teacher Leader M.Ed. Program. Endorsement candidates may complete the endorsement program outside the master's degree program if they have a previous master's degree. Due to the unique nature of the content and fieldwork, transferring credits for these courses is not considered. In addition, due to the fieldwork required for the endorsement program, it may not be possible for applicants not currently teaching to complete the program requirements. Candidates completing the endorsement program may apply to the Ohio Department of Education for the Teacher Leader Endorsement, a criterion of the Tier 4 Lead Professional Educator License.
- 3.0 Cumulative minimum GPA.
- Master's degree from an accredited university.
- Current teaching license.
- Four years minimum successful teaching experience as demonstrated by evaluations and student growth measures.
- Apply to Graduate School.
- Submit copy of current teaching license and letter of recommendation from principal, superintendent, or other school administrator.
For additional information: