On this page:
Certificates of Insurance
- Custom stamps can be configured and ordered online through our WrightBuy Office Depot catalog.
- Capital equipment includes all movable items that have a probable useful life of two or more years, have an original cost of $5,000 or more, and are neither permanently attached to a building or its utility systems nor incorporated into the building at the time of initial construction or during later modifications. The total cost includes all expenditures incurred in acquiring the equipment and preparing it for use. This would be the purchase price, freight and handling costs, and the cost of conducting trial runs.
Capital equipment also includes computer software if it is the computer’s main operating system. The software is not tagged but is included in the cost of the computer system at the time it is ordered.
- FOR ALL ORDERS WITH CAPITAL EQUIPMENT: The account code must be 794500 (entered in the FOAPAL under Accounting Codes). The location code must be entered in the document FOAPAL or for the FOAPAL for the item under Accounting Codes. If the room and building are not part of the location code list already in Banner, please have your Business Manager request the location be added using a Financial, Account, Program, Activity or Location Request form that can be found on the Office of the Controller’s webpage. In “External Notes” include:
- Description of the capital asset – this is what will identify this equipment purchase on your capital equipment inventory.
- Tag Information – List how many tags are needed, which line items make up each tag, etc. The more information you provide will help facilitate the capital equipment process. Final Location for this product.
Which form should I use?
NON-CATALOG FORM: Use this form to place an order to any vendor that does not have a punch-out catalog, if the items you want to order are not listed in the punch-out catalog, or if you received special pricing from a punch-out supplier.
Standing Order Form: Use this form for the creation of standing orders require several payments over a period of time.
Change Order Request Form: Use this form when a change (increase or decrease) is needed to an existing purchase order.
eDPO Form: Use this form for revenue and general ledger accounts (non-expense processing) only.
How do I enter a requisition for a standing order?
The standing order form is used to process orders that require several payments over a period of time.
- Enter the description of the project/service for the line item description and be sure to include the duration of the project/service. Example: July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019.
- Enter 1 each for the quantity and the total dollar amount of the project/service for the unit price.
- Include the following information in External Notes on your standing order requisition:
- The starting date through ending date.
- If for renewal, give the standing purchase order number that this order replaces.
- Note: This standing purchase order number must appear on all invoices and correspondence pertaining to this order.
- If automatic payments are to be made throughout the fiscal year, enter a note on the requisition, then inform accounts payable of the purchase order number and that auto payments are to be made.
How do I enter a requisition for a change order to an existing purchase order?
The Change Order Request form is used to enter a requisition for a change to an existing purchase order.
- For increasing the dollar amount on a purchase order, the Estimated Price would be the dollar value of the change to the order. Include the purchase order number to be changed in the External Notes section and the revised purchase order total.
- For decreasing the dollar amount on a purchase order, enter $0 as the Estimated Price. Include in External Notes the purchase order number to be changed, and the revised purchase order total including the decrease.
How do I enter a requisition for an eDPO?
The eDPO form is to be used for revenue/GL accounts only (non-expense processing). After you proceed to checkout and review your requisition you must:
- Select the correct accounts payable clerk from the drop-down menu in the general information box.
- Add electronic attachments (invoice, receipt, etc.) in External Notes making sure all information on the attachments are readable.
Which commodity code should I use?
Choose the commodity code that best describes the items on your requisition.
Who is the next approver for my requisition?
- View your requisition in WrightBuy.
- Select the PR Approvals tab at the top of the requisition.
- Select View Approvers at any future approval step to see who the approvers are for your requisition.
How do I withdraw a requisition?
You can withdraw a requisition at any time before it is complete and has received a purchase order number.
- From the Available Actions menu at the top right of the requisition select Withdraw Entire Requisition.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter the reason for withdrawing the requisition.
- Select Withdraw Entire Requisition.
Can I change my requisition after I complete it?
Once you complete and submit a requisition, you cannot make any changes to it. If changes need to be made on a completed requisition, choose one of the following options:
- Ask the next approver to make the changes for you or ask them to return the requisition to you so you can make the changes and resubmit the order.
- Withdraw the requisition, copy it to a new cart, make the appropriate changes, and place the order again.
What should I do if I receive a lower price quote from a supplier than the price that I see in the punch-out catalog?
Use the non-catalog form to enter your requisition and attach your quote electronically as an external attachment.
How do I enter more than one line item when completing a form?
- From Available Actions (at the top of the form) select Add to Cart and Return then select Go.
- Add the next line item.
- When all line items have been added, select Add and Go to Cart from Available Actions, and then select Go.
Why was my requisition rejected?
Select the history tab on the rejected requisition to see why the requisition was rejected.
Selecting a Supplier for an Order
How do I select a supplier for my order?
- Select the form you are going to use.
- In the box next to Enter Supplier, begin entering the vendor's name. From the list of results you receive, select the supplier you want to use. The supplier's name and address will now be on the form.
What if I have a new supplier or there is a correction or update to an existing supplier?
- Process your requisition using new supplier as the supplier.
- Wright State W-9s, OPERS form, etc. need to be completed and attached as internal attachment.
- Any document containing sensitive information such as SSN should be an internal attachment. If the supplier requires a copy of the document to be sent when the purchase order is issued, then redact the sensitive information before attaching in external notes.
How do I select a different address for a supplier?
If another fulfillment center address is available for a supplier, the option to select different fulfillment center will be available just below the supplier's name and address on a form. Choose Select Different Fulfillment Center and a list of available options will appear. Choose Select beside the address you need.
Approval and Approver Questions
I am an approver and I am going to be out of the office. What should I do?
- You should assign a substitute who can take care of approvals for you.
- From the Manage Substitutions tab, you can choose to Assign a Substitute To All Folders or Assign A Substitute to individual folders. You have the option to Include a date range for the substitution, so you can enter a Start Date and an End Date for the substitution.
How do I return a requisition to the original requestor?
- Access the requisition and assign it to yourself for review.
- From the Available Actions drop-down box in the upper right-hand corner, select Return to Requisitioner then click the Go button.
- In the overlay window that is displayed, enter the reason for the return. This note will be available via the Comments and History tab and will be emailed to the requisitioner.
- The requisitioner can access the requisition, update it, and resubmit.
Order Status and Order Cancellation
How do I cancel a purchase order?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the reason for canceling the purchase order. Purchasing will cancel the order in WrightBuy and in Banner. Purchasing will also send a copy of the canceled purchase order to the vendor, if necessary.
How do I track the progress of my requisition?
- View your requisition in WrightBuy.
- Select the PR Approvals tab.
- Select View Approvers at any future approval step to see who the approvers are for each approval step of your requisition.
How do I close/disencumber a purchase order after all invoices have been paid?
Send an email to email@example.com. Provide the purchase order number, the vendor name, and the amount that should be closed/disencumbered.
What is desktop receiving?
- Receipts are created to indicate what goods or services have been received. Accounts Payable uses this information to determine what to pay a supplier.
- You can process receiving in WrightBuy for anything that does not go through shipping/receiving like services or items received at your desktop. You do not have to process desktop receiving for e-DPO’s or items ordered through a punch-out catalog on your procard.
How do I process desktop receiving?
- Locate the purchase order.
- From Available Actions, select Create Quantity Receipt and click Go.
- When the receipt displays, information from the purchase order is populated in the receipt. Additional information can be entered, or you can validate that the quantity requested is actually the quantity that was received. Select Complete and the receipt has been created. The receipt number will display on the screen after you select Complete.
How can I view a receipt in WrightBuy?
- If you know your receipt number, you can use the Document Search tab. From Search, you can select Receipt. Enter your receipt number in the Receipt Number(s) field. Select Go. Your search results will show the receipt number and purchase order number. You can select either number to see the receipt or the purchase order.
- If you know your purchase order number, locate your purchase order. From the tabs at the top of the purchase order, select Receipts to view receipts entered. Select the receipt number to view the receipt.
Profile and Personal Information
My personal information has changed. Where do I update it in WrightBuy?
- Click on Profile at the top of the screen.
- Modify your email preferences under the User Profile and Preferences.
- Modify your default FOAPAL under the Default User Settings/Custom Field and Accounting Code Defaults/Codes.
- Modify your Ship To address under the Default User Settings/Default Addresses.
How do I set up shipping information in My Profile?
- Click on Profile at the top of the screen.
- Select Default User Settings/Default Addresses.
- Click on Select Addresses for Profile.
- Click on Search.
- From the Address list that appears, select an address. To make an address your default address, check the default box.
- Select Save.