Credential Program in Spanish
On this page:
About the Credential Program in Spanish
The Spanish credential program targets language classes in Spanish and Latin American literature and culture, film, business, written and oral expression, and phonetics. This certificate is suitable for graduate students wishing to meet requirements to teach Spanish or College Credit Plus courses in the State of Ohio.
The courses are designed to provide rich cultural and literary content in the target language.
Admission Requirements and Process
High school teachers who wish to pursue the teaching credential/certificate must submit complete the following steps:
- Please apply through Wright State's Graduate School. The options for applying to the CCP certificate and credential programs are in the online application.
- Submit an official transcript showing the award of a bachelor’s degree in Spanish language or Hispanic Studies from an accredited university.
- Submit an official transcript showing the award of a Master’s degree in any field, unless from Wright State.
- Submit a statement of goals.
Applicants must pass a department-administered oral proficiency Interview with a minimal Intermediate high rating.
Send application materials to:
344 Student Union
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
Program of Study
Given the student’s required background in Spanish language or Hispanic studies, it is impossible to require certain classes without risking repetition. Therefore, the degree will comprise 18 credit hours from the approved list of graduate courses in Spanish.
Approved list of graduate Spanish courses:
- SPN 5110 (Three credits)
- SPN 5120 (Three credits)
- SPN 5210 (Three credits)
- SPN 5220 (Three credits)
- SPN 5250 (Three credits)
- SPN 5260 (Three credits)
- SPN 5310 (Three credits)
- SPN 5320 (Three credits)
- SPN 5810 (One credit)
- SPN 5900 (One credit, repeatable to six)
- SPN 5990 (One–three credits, repeatable to three; topics vary)
- SPN 6030 (Three credits)
- SPN 6310 (Three credits)
- SPN 6320 (Three credits)
- SPN 6710 (Three credits)
- SPN 6830 (Three credits)
Total 18 Credit Hours