Education and Human Services Online Resources
Enroll in The Wright Search
Our Education Fair and Interview Day is one of the largest and earliest area recruiting events for candidates seeking teaching positions in the upcoming year. Local and regional districts are represented, as well as school districts from other states. To secure interview slots in advance, you must be enrolled and active in The Wright Search
Learn about offers, contracts, & hiring dates
- You are under no obligation to immediately accept or reject an offer made to you.
You are encouraged to take time to consider an offer, gather information, determine the employer's need-to-know timeline, and respond accordingly. There may be other opportunities you wish to pursue.
- Ask questions to clarify the details of a job offer.
Make sure you understand the language and the time frame. Know your rights and responsibilities.
- Consult an expert.
Review the contract before signing. If you need help, you can make an appointment with Student Legal Services at 775-5857. This is available to current students who have paid the Student Legal Services fee.
- Signing a letter of intent is a legally binding agreement.
You will be obligated to follow through on any teaching assignment for which you sign a letter of intent. After you sign a letter of intent, your job search should stop and you should inform any inquiring school district that you have signed a letter of intent with another district.
- Signing a contract is a legally binding agreement for employment.
Once you have signed the contract, you are legally committed to working as a teacher in that district for the agreed time frame. Your job search should stop and you should inform any inquiring school district that you have signed a contract with another district.
- If you sign either a letter of intent or a contract, deactivate your name on The Wright Search.
- Stay active on The Wright Search!
Teaching opportunities are posted every month, often through October. Stay active in The Wright Search.
Important Timeline Information
Some important dates to know in the teaching opportunity timeline:
- Continuing contracts are typically offered to currently employed teachers in February and March.
- Districts have a better idea of their remaining needs in April.
- In mid-July, currently employed teachers must notify districts of their intention not to return.
Attend Education Fair and Interview Day
Education Fair and Interview Day
This large and early recruiting fair provides an opportunity for Wright State students and alumni with teaching licensure to talk directly with district representatives and to participate in prearranged, on site interviews. Beginning in the November prior to the event, Career Services posts updated deadlines for participation and advice for the job search.
Be Familiar with the Ohio Department of Education
- Ohio Department of Education home page »
General information about the Ohio Department of Education.
- Ohio Department of Education: Data and Statistics »
This page provides categorical links for a variety of data and statistics for Ohio school districts. Information about school districts average teacher salaries, and other district specifics, is available by following the Frequently Requested Data link.
Other Resources for Education Majors
Ohio Schools, Consortiums, and Related websites
- Cincinnati School Application System »
- Columbus Public Schools »
- Dayton Area School Employment Consortium »
Charter Schools in Dayton
- ECOT (Electronic Classrooms of Tomorrow) »
- Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools »
- Ohio Association of Independent Schools »
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States »
- Cleveland Council of Independent Schools »
- Dayton Regional STEM School »
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction »
- Ohio Department of Education Educational Directory »
- Ohio Department of Education: Teaching in Ohio »
Information about your Ohio teaching career from beginning to end.
Websites by State
- Montana »
- Nebraska »
- Nevada »
- New Hampshire »
- New Jersey »
- New Mexico »
- New York »
- North Carolina »
- North Dakota »
- Ohio »
- Oklahoma »
- Oregon »
- Pennsylvania »
- Rhode Island »
- South Carolina »
- South Dakota »
- Tennessee »
- Texas »
- Utah »
- Vermont »
- Virginia »
- Washington »
- West Virginia »
- Wisconsin »
- Wyoming »
Private, National, & International Teaching Information
- Teach for America »
- National Association of Independent Schools »
- Council for American Private Education »
- National Coalition of Alternative Community Schools »
- Teachers -Teachers »
- Department of the Navy »
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) »
- Peace Corps »
- Thai-Chinese International School »
- Sylvan Learning Centers »
- Kumon North America »
- Academic360 »
- Academic Employment Network »
- Agent K - 12 (Edweek) »
- American Association for Employment in Education »
- International Schools Services »
- National Public School and School District Locator »
- Project Connect »
- National Educators Employment »
- NationJob »
- National Employment Minority Network »
- TeachingJobs.com »
Investigate Special Programs
Résumé Postings and Tips
Join Professional Organizations
Counselor Licensing Information
Professional Associations and Other Job Posting Sites
- California College Personnel Association »
- California Colleges for International Education (CCIE) »
- California Community College Student Affairs Association »
- North Carolina College Personnel Association (NCCPA) »
- North Carolina Housing Officers (NCHO) »
- Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators »
OASFAA is the state association supporting financial aid professions who counsel student and families on the financing of higher education.
- Virginia Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (VACRAO) »
- VACUHO: the Virginia Association of College and University Housing Officers »
- Virginia Association of School Personnel Administrators »
VASPA supports administrators, faculty, staff and students at Virginia's colleges and universities as we strive to bring the best quality educational experiences to each and every student on our campuses.
- Middle States Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (MSACRAO) »
- Pacific Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (PACRAO) »
- Southern Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (SACRAO) »
- Atlantic Association of College and University Student Services »
- Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers, Inc. (EACE) »
- Midwest Association of Student Employment Administrators (MASEA) »
- Northeast Association of Student Employment Administrators (NASEA) »
- Southern Association of Student Employment administrators (SASEA) »
- Western Association of Student Employment Administrators (WASEA) »
- NASPA Regions and Networks »
- Pacific Coast College Health Association (PCCHA) »
- Southern Association of College Student Affairs »
- Southeastern Association of Housing Officers (SEAHO) »
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) »
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) »
- American Counseling Association (ACA) »
- American Student Government Association (ASGA) »
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA) »
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA) »
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI) »
- Association of Collegiat Conference and Event Directors Internations (ACCED-I) »
- Association of Fraternity / Sorority Advisors (AFA) »
- Association of Fundraising Professionals »
- Association of Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) »
AHEAD is an international, multicultural organization of professionals committed to full participation in higher education for persons with disabilities.
- Association of Student Judicial Affairs (ASJA) »
- Association for Tertiary Education Management Inc. »
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) »
- Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS) » -CAS provides standards and guidelines toward student learning and development self-assessment on over 30 functional areas in higher education. Go to the website to review the history of CAS, the online store, and links to the over 35 professional associations that belong to CAS.
- Council of Higher Education Management Associations (CHEMA) »
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) »
- Collegiate Information and Visitor Services Association (CIVSA) »
- Council on Law in Higher Education (CLHE) »
- Institute of International Education (IIE) »
- Jesuit Association of Student Personnel Administrators (JASPA) »
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) »
- National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions, Inc. (NAAHP) »
- National Association of Academic Advisors for Athletics (N4A) »
- National Association of Australian University Colleges, Incorporated (NAAUC) »
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) »
- National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) »
- National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) »
- National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH) »
- National Association of College Auxiliary Services (NACAS) »
- National Association of College Stores (NACS) »
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) »
- National Association for Developmental Education (NADE) »
- National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals (NAGAP) »
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators »
- National Association for Managers of Student Services in Colleges (UK) »
- National Association of Student Affairs Professionals (NASAP) »
- National Association of Student Employment Administrators (NSEA) »
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) »
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) »
- National Career Development Association (NCDA) »
- National Consortium of Directors of LGBT Resources in Higher Education »
- National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) »
- National Organization of Men's Outreach for Rape Education (ONE IN FOUR) »
- National Orientation Directors Association (NODA) »
- Association of College and University Housing Officers - International »
- Association of Collegiate Conference and Events Directors - International (ACCED-I) »
- Association of College Unions International »
- Association of College and University Housing Officers - International (ACUHO-I) »
- Australian, New Zealand Student Services Association (ANZSSA) »
- Canadian Association of College and University Student Services (CACUSS) »
Job Posting Sites
Job Posting Sites
- Academic 360 »
- Association for Student Judicial Affairs Job Listings »
- Frye Leadership Institute »
- HigherEdJobs.Com »
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) »
- National Association of School Personnel Administrators »
- Ohio College Personnel Association Job Postings, via the Careers Link »
- StudentAffairs.Com »
- The Chronicle of Higher Education, Chronicle Careers »
- The Placement Exchange »