AFROTC has many benefits for cadets enrolled in the program.
- Scholarship opportunities are HIGHLY competitive and can be worth up to $18,000 per year. Some scholarships provide full tuition and fees (with no cap on tuition and authorized fees).
- Scholarship winners also receive a partial book stipend each year
- Air Force ROTC textbooks and uniforms are provided
- Non-taxable stipend during the academic year while on scholarship or in the Professional Officer Course (POC); $250-$400 per month
- Potential opportunity to delay entering active duty to pursue graduate degree
- Visits to Air Force and Space Force bases
- Challenging job guaranteed after graduation
Upon graduation and successful completion of Air Force ROTC, you will receive a commission as a Second Lieutenant in the Air Force or Space Force. You will have a mandatory commitment of four years if a line officer, six years if you are selected to be a Combat Systems Officer or Air Battle Manager, and ten years if you are selected to be a pilot. During your time in the Air Force or Space Force, you will receive all of the following benefits:
- base salary
- 30 days of paid leave each year
- medical care
- base recreation facilities
- tuition assistance for further degree programs
- retirement pension