The Assurance of Learning Committee (ALC) provides university-wide leadership and coordination for academic and co-curricular program review and the assessment of student learning outcomes.
The committee will:
- Oversee the assessment processes for the Wright State Core, Writing Across the Curriculum, and university student learning outcomes.
- Develop and evaluate the university’s assessment plans, which include the design of the learning outcomes assessment and program review processes.
- Establish and monitor the assessment and program review calendars.
- Oversee the review and analysis of the results of the learning outcomes assessment and program review.
- Verify that the results have been employed for academic or co-curricular program improvement.
- Coordinate university assessment processes with the requirements of the Higher Learning Commission and other accreditation agencies.
- Provide a forum for assessment activities, share best practices, and professional development in the assessment.
- Collaborate with the Center for Teaching and Learning to provide a focal point for the dissemination of information on student learning and assessment.
- The Assurance of Learning Committee will provide the assessment and review findings to the Faculty Senate’s Undergraduate Curriculum Review, the Graduate Council, the College or sponsoring unit, and the Provost’s Office to ensure university-wide participation in the review process.
Membership includes at least one faculty member and one administrator (Assistant Dean or above) from each college with undergraduate programs. The committee will include representatives from Student Affairs, the University Library, and the Graduate School.