Micro/Nano electro mechanical Systems
Micro aerial vehicle
Teaching Schedule (Fall 2009)
EE442, TR 16:10 - 17:50, 146 Russ Eng. Cntr.
EE446, TR 18:05 - 19:45, 146 Russ eng. Cntr.
Dr. Yan Zhuang received his B.S. drgree in physics from Fudan University, China, and M.S. degree in materials from Chinese Academy of Science, and Ph.D in physics from
. From 2000-2008, he was a senior research scientist, assistant professor in Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands. He jointed department of electrical engineering, WSU since 2008. His research interests include RF/microwave components, electric materials, micro-/nano-systems, bio-sensing, and micro aerial vehicle. Dr. Zhuang has authored or co-authored more than 50 technical journal papers. In 2004, Dr. Zhuang was awarded outstanding scientist by the national science organization in the Johannes Kepler University, Austria, in 1989, 1992, and 2000, respectively (Vidi-NWO). Netherlands
1. Integrated microstrip lines with Co-ta-Zr magnetic films
P. K. Amiri, B. Rejaei, Y. Zhuang, M. Vroubel, D. W. Lee, S. X. Wang, and J.N. Burghartz, IEEE Trans. Magn. Volume: 44, Issue: 11, 2008, pp. 3103-3106
2. Artificial dielectric shields for integrated transmission lines
Y. Ma, B. Rejaei, Y. Zhuang, IEEE Microwave and wireless components letters, Volume: 18, Issue: 7, 2008, pp. 431-433
3. Low-loss on-chip transmission lines with micro-patterned artificial dielectric shields
Y. Ma, B. Rejaei, Y. Zhuang, Electronics Letters, Volume: 44, Issue: 15, 2008, pp. 913-915
4. Magnetic-multilayered interconnects featuring skin effect suppression
Y. Zhuang, B. Rejaei, H. Schellevis, M. Vroubel, J.N. Burghartz, IEEE Electron Device Lett. Volume: 29, Issue: 4, 2008, pp. 319-321
5. Modeling of strained CMOS on disposable SiGe dots: Shape impacts on electrical/thermal characteristics
S.Frégončse, Y. Zhuang, and J. N. Burghartz, Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 52, 2008, pp. 919–925
6. Nonreciprocal spin wave spectroscopy of thin Ni-Fe stripes
P. K. Amiri, B. Rejaei, M. Vroubel, Y. Zhuang, Appl. Phys. Lett, Vol. 91, No. 6, 2007, pp. 062502.
7. Fabrication of in situ ultrathin anodic aluminum oxide layers for nanostructuring on silicon substrate
B. Yan, H. T. M. Pham, Y. Ma, Y. Zhuang, P.M. Sarro, Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 91, No. 5, 2007, pp.053117.
8. Modeling of Strained CMOS on Disposable SiGe Dots : strain impacts on devices’ electrical characteristics
S.Frégončse, Y. Zhuang, and J. N. Burghartz; IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, Vol. 54, No. 9, 2007, pp. 2321.
9. Ferromagnetic Thin Films for Loss Reduction in On-Chip Transmission Lines
P.K. Amiri, B. Rejaei, Y. Zhuang, M. Vroubel, J.N. Burghartz; IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 43, No. 6, June 2007. pp. 2630-2632
10. Integrated RF inductors with micro-patterned NiFe core
Y. Zhuang, M. Vroubel, B. Rejaei, J.N. Burghartz; Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 51, February 2007, pp. 405-413.