The 10th National Assembly, at the fourth session from October 28 to December 2, passed the Resolution N0. 20/1998/QH10 on the tasks for 1999. The main targets are:
- 5-6 percent growth in the gross domestic production (GDP).
- 3.5-4 percent increase in the agricultural production value
32 million tonnes of rice equivalent.
- 10-11 percent increase in the industrial production value.
- 4-5 percent increase in service industry.
- 5-7 percent increase in export turnover.
- Inflation rate below 10 percent.
- Budget deficit less than 3.5 percent of GDP.
- The number of poor households reduced by 30 thousand.
- 1-1.2 million jobs to be created.
- The number of provinces to complete the universal education will be raised to 50.
- The birth rate will be reduced by 0.08 percent.