Send an email to your CMENC President Theresa Snider with your Full Name and Mailing Address (where you want the magazine to be sent). Submit $11 cash or check (made payable to The Instrumentalist) to Theresa Snider or Dr. Jagow by the deadline of October 17 to receive this deal!
- A unique resource for both novice and experienced band directors.
- "So many important facets are uncovered and solutions revealed. It's a must for the library of any serious music educator." H. Robert Reynolds, Director Emeritus of the University of Michigan Bands; Principal Wind Ensemble Conductor, University of Southern California; Conductor, Detroit Chamber Winds and Strings
- "From creating artistic musical experiences to establishing a first-class organization blueprint, there is no stone left unturned. This is not a book to be recommended, but a book to be REQUIRED." Tim Lautzenheiser, Executive Director of Education, Conn-Selmer, Inc.
The book is published by Meredith Music Publications and is available for purchase at several bookstore locations and online dealers.
View sample pages fromTeaching Instrumental Music: Developing the COMPLETE Band Program.
Sign up for the Meredith Music Email Newsletter.
High School saxophonists are invited to attend the annual Saxophone Quartet Festival hosted at Wright State University. Students are auditioned and placed into quartets of similar performance level. Each quartet receives coaching by Dr. Shelley Jagow and current WSU Saxophone students. For more information please go to High School saxophone Quartet Festival.
- The WSU Saxophone Quartet has performed in Ohio, Indiana, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Virginia, Utah, Nebraska, South Carolina, Italy and Japan
- Chamber Music Institute Fellowship at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2007)
- National Music Educators Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah (2006)
- OMEA State Professional Conference in Columbus, Ohio (2006)
- Dr. Edgar Hardy Music Scholarship (2007)
- WSU Presidential Commendation for Excellence (2006)
- Dayton Chamber Music Society Scholarship (2006)
- WSU Undergraduate Symposium Award (2006)
- Dr. Edgar Hardy Music Scholarship (2006)
- United States Navy Band International Saxophone Symposium (2006)
- National MENC Conference (2006)
- Chamber Music Institute Fellowship at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2006)
- Dayton Chamber Music Society Scholarship (2005)
- Region VIII North American Saxophone Alliance Conference (2005)
- Dayton Chamber Music Society Scholarship (2004)
- MENC Northwest Regional Conference (2003)
- Dayton Chamber Music Society Scholarship (2003)
- OMEA State Professional Conference (2001)
- Region V North American Saxophone Alliance Conference (2001)
- Region V North American Saxophone Alliance Conference (1999)
- International Clarinet and Saxophone Festival (1999)
- OMEA/MENC North Central Division Conference (1999)