Wright State University; Dayton, OH; 2011-13
- M. A. in English Composition and Rhetoric
The Ohio State University; Columbus, OH; 2003-2008
- M. Ed. in Teaching and Learning
- B. A. in English, Summa cum Laude
Wright State University, (graduate assistant) 2011-13
- Academic Writing & Reading, first-year writing course, ENG 101/1100 (4 sections)
- Taught analytical, summary, and evalautive writing; developed active learning activities to foster student engagement; employed writing process emphasizing prewriting and revision.
- Writing Academic Discourse, first-year writing course, ENG 102
- Taught critical research paper and attendant skills: finding and evaluating sources, research topic and thesis development, information reporting, argumentation strategies, MLA and APA citation techniques, and academic proposal writing.
Ohio Public Secondary Schools, (substitute teacher) 2008-2011
- Long-term substitute assignments teaching English 9-12 and various elective courses, including journalism.
Modern rhetorical theory, particularly the work of Burke & Bakhtin; intersections of class, literacy, discourse, & family; rhetoric & culture of electronic discourse communities; practitioner-created knowledge (lore); graduate student professsionalization
Honors & Awards
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Wright State University, 2011-13
- University Fellow, The Ohio State University, 2007-8
Works in Progress
- “Rebuilding Producer-Fan Relationships: Identification, Appropriation, and Dialogism in Lego Digital Fan Culture.” (in-process).
- “Writing Without Doing.” (submitted to Writing on the Edge).
- Ohio Integrated Langauge Arts, 7-12 2-year teaching license