Department of Information Systems and Operations Management
Associate Professor, Dept. of Information Systems and Operations Management
Raj Soin College of Business
279 Rike Hall
Ph.D. University at
Major: Operations and Supply Chain Management
Minor: Strategic Management
Dissertation Title: The Impact of Category Management Practices on Performance of Fast Moving Consumer Goods Supply Chains
Committee Chair: Professor Nallan C. Suresh
Awarded Institute for Supply Management Doctoral Dissertation Grant
MBA Cornell University, Johnson Graduate School of Management, Ithaca, New York
Graduated 1990, with distinction
Concentrations in Operations Management and International Business
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Institute D’Administration et Gestion, Louvain, Belgium. M.B.A. Exchange Program (taught in French)
B.S.M.E. General Motors Institute (Kettering University), Flint, Michigan
Mechanical Engineering with Electrical and Computer Engineering minor, 1985
SCM 3200 Basics of Supply Chain Management
SCM 4950 Supply Chain Project Management
MBA 7800 Supply Chain Management
SCM 7880 Foundations of Supply Chain Management
SCM 7920 Supply Chain Design and Integration
1. Braunscheidel, Hamister, Suresh & Star, An institutional theory perspective on six sigma adoption. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 31(4) p.423-451.
2. Braunscheidel & Hamister, The Impact of Lean Practices on Value to Customer. The BRC Academy Journal of Business, 2012. 2(1):p. 51-86.
3. Hamister, Supply Chain Management Practices in Small-Scale Retailers, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 2012. 40(6):p. 427-450.
4. Braunscheidel, Hamister & Rensel, Measuring Information Technology Internal Service Quality in a Manufacturing Environment, Academy of Information and Management Science Journal. 15(2), 123-143.
5. Kellar, Price & Hamister, Modeling Satisfied and Dissatisfied Customers in a B2B Setting. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 16(Special Issue), 87-93.
6. Hamister & Braunscheidel , Software Piracy and Intellectual Property Rights Protection, Academy of Information and Management Science Journal. 16(1): 15-35.
7. Hamister & Parikh, Improving Price Performance When Price Elasticity Is Difficult to Establish. Academy of Marketing Studies Journal, 17(1): 21-34.
8. Hamister, J., & Braunscheidel, M. (2011). Software Piracy and Intellectual Property Rights Protection. Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings Of The Academy Of Information & Management Sciences (AIMS), 15(2), 1-4.
9. Kellar, G, Preis, M, & Hamister, J (2011), Mapping Overall Satisfaction in a B2B Setting: Satisfiend and Dissatisfied Customers, Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings Of The Academy Of Marketing Studies (AMS), 16, 2, pp. 44-45
10. Hamister, J. (2009). Wright State University's Master of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management Delivers Direct and Relevant Business Value (vol. 12/3/09, pp. 1). Supply Chain Digest.
11. Hamister, J.W. and N.C. Suresh, The impact of pricing policy on sales variability in a supermarket retail context. International Journal of Production Economics, 2008. 111(2): p. 441-455.
12. Hamister, J. (2008). Category Management – It’s Not Just for Big Retailers Anymore. Technology First, 6(2), pp.7-10.
13. Braunscheidel, M, Hamister, J, Suresh, N, Star, H, (2006). Case Studies: Six Sigma Quality Systems in Practice, 2006 European Operations Management Association (EurOMA) 13th Annual Meeting Conference Proceedings, Glasgow, Scotland, June 18 – 21, 2006.