MGT 499 is an integrative, capstone course. It is required of all Business Students at Wright State and must be taken in the last two quarters of a student's senior year. There are several course objectives. Upon the completion of this course, all students should:
- Understand and be able to discuss current terms and ideas in the field of strategy.
- Possess the analytical skills necessary to understand, evaluate, and develop organizational strategies.
- Be able to think strategically about an organization, and be able to describe the issues managers face in gaining and maintaining competitive advantage.
- Be able to clearly communicate strategy concepts, both orally and in writing.
- Possess team skills in problem solving and consensus building, developed through case analysis, case discussion, and case resolution.
- Be able to address issues in an integrative manner, using concepts and tools developed in all previous courses.