New Testament Story
The plan is to organize this material to correspond with your
reading of New Testamen Story, but it will develop gradually. For now,
explore what's available on the web. There are many helpful specialized
sites and scholars
web pages available.
Various on-line Bibles are available; click below to check them
Getting Started on your research.
Resources for each chapter
2. The Story before the Writings: Storytelling in Earliest Christianity.
Part I: THE STORY IN LETTERS.
3. The Earliest Jesus Literature: The Thessalonian Correspondence.
4. Paul’s Letters to His Followers: Philemon, Philippians, Galatians, Corinthians.
5. Paul’s Address to Those outside His Circle: Romans.
6. Paul for a New Day: Colossians, Ephesians, Timothy, Titus.
7. Echoes of Other Stories: James, Jude, Hebrews, Peter.
Part II: THE STORY IN NARRATIVES.
8. Stories Told: Approaches to Understanding the Gospels.
9. God’s Kingdom in a Tragic World: The Gospel According to Mark.
10. The Book of the New Community: The Gospel According to Matthew.
11. The Gospel as Heroic Narrative: The Story of Luke-Acts.
12. Irony and the Spirit: The Gospel According to John.
13. The Dawn of a New Day: The Apocalypse of John.
14. The Story after the Writings: One Story in Many.
Appendix: Doing Your Own Research: Hints for Writing Research Papers on the New Testament.