Students, faculty, and staff of Wright State University may come to the University Writing Center (UWC) for writing consultations free of charge. Our staff of trained undergraduate and graduate writing consultants from across the disciplines will assist with any type of writing, including papers for any course, scholarship essays, and job applications. Writing consultants provide one-on-one assistance; however, consultants do not write or edit others' work.
Writing consultants will, however, help YOU learn how to:
- generate and expand your ideas;
- organize and revise your drafts;
- identify and correct grammatical or mechanical errors;
- proofread your own writing;
- format your papers using MLA, APA, or other applicable style guides;
- deal with other writing issues you may be having.
In addition to providing one-to-one writing consultations, the Writing Center also offers the following resources and services:
- Thirteen networked computers for word processing and research applications
- Adaptive equipment for students with disabilities
- A reference library of nearly 300 volumes dealing with topics such as business writing, ESL issues, and editing concerns
- Mini-manuals providing basic format and citation information for APA and MLA styles. (Print copies are $2.00 each.)
- Our Writer's Hotline at 775-2158 until 4 p.m. for quick or one-time questions that can be answered over the phone