The goal of the UWC is to help our clients become more confident, independent writers, thereby enhancing their educational experiences at Wright State and their professional experiences beyond college.
Within a peer tutoring environment, we:
- provide an accessible, comfortable, collaborative environment for writers of all abilities;
- foster the growth and confidence of writers by clarifying and promoting techniques of effective writing;
- collaborate with other University departments and programs, including Writing Across the Curriculum and English as a Second Language, in an effort to provide a comprehensive, consistent educational experience for all WSU students;
- serve as a writing resource for the University community and beyond through our Writing Center web page, our selection of print resources, presentations and workshops on various topics, and our Writer's Hotline;
- enhance the academic experiences of writing consultants by encouraging professional development and frequent self-reflection on their roles as tutors and writers.