Wright Way Policy
Policy/Procedure Adoption Process
Responsibilities of the Initiator
- Consult with and receive approval from the provost or appropriate vice president before initiating any policy/procedure.
- Identify the group (if any) and the division that initiated the policy/procedure.
- Identify why the policy/procedure is needed.
- Identify what impact the policy/procedure will have on faculty/staff and the university.
- Submit a written request to the University Policy Coordinator/Office of the Executive Assistant to the President, 264 University Hall.
Responsibilities of the University Policy Development Office
- Determine the authority trail, i.e., a Board of Trustees resolution, federal or state statute, or an internal procedure requiring no further involvement by the University Policy Development office.
- Determine if the policy/procedure should be reviewed by WSU General Counsel and/or other affected departments.
- Coordinate preparation of the policy/procedure with the initiator.
- Submit policy/procedure to the President's Cabinet for discussion and approval.
- Coordinate final dissemination.
Responsibilities of the President's Cabinet
- Discuss the impact of the proposed policy/procedure.
- Determine if the policy/procedure should be reviewed by another group on campus, i.e., Faculty Governance, Council of Deans, USAC, CSAC, etc.
- Return the policy/procedure to the University Policy Development office for publication.
Revised January 2001