Transforming the communities we serve is truly embraced by the entire Wright State campus. This is the first initiative that concentrates on the volunteering activities of Wright State University staff members and we thank you for helping to make it successful. There are many wonderful organizations that need help. Identify a volunteer opportunity today. You will be guided through the process by prompts.
We encourage you to check with your supervisor and co-workers to ask for their involvement with the project. Contact a We Serve U committee member if you have any questions.
Many needs. Contact Courtney Ross by email at email@example.com for details.
A Special Wish
A Special Wish hosts many events throughout the year to volunteer or get additional information contact Tyler Gregory at GregoryB@childrensdayton.org or by phone at (937) 641-4263.
- November 18 at noon, Volunteers needed to decorate the Student Union Atrium for the Holiday Open House.
Bethany Village enjoys a reputation for kindness, and that all comes down to our people. You can join many great people in the area who choose to get involved and help out. We're always looking for more smiling faces. Do you enjoy helping others? Are you skilled in assisting seniors and helping to make their day a little more easy and enjoyable? Contact Joanne George (937) 433-2110 ext. 6229.
Centerville-Washington Park District
Contact Ginger Clark at (937) 433-5155 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteer details.
El Puente Educational Center is an after-school program that provides tutoring for K-6th grade Latino students who are learning English as their second language. Our volunteers help students work on homework, read with them, and play games with them. Knowledge of Spanish is not required, but it is a great way to practice learning another language if you happen to be studying Spanish. We tutor Monday-Friday from 3:15 to 5:15 pm at the St. Mary's Center in East Dayton. Feel free to visit our website at www.elpuentedayton.org.
If you're interested in volunteering, please contact Alyssa Torres, Program Director, at email@example.com.
Five Rivers MetroParks
Express your care and concern for the environment, learn new skills and meet people with similar interests as a volunteer for Five Rivers MetroParks.
For Love of Children (FLOC)
FLOC provides financial, educational, and advocacy support to youth from ages newborn to 18 throughout the community.
- October 28, 6:00-8:00, Harvest Party, FLOC offices, 128 W. 1st St., 45402. We could use volunteers to help us have fun with the kids attending!
- November 2, 6:30-? Anti-bullying meeting, New Beginnings for You, 111 Building, Suite 1050, 45402. Contact Sheri Aldridge for any questions at 266.5072. We're trying to educate youth by providing information and resources.
- November 16 and 17, 11:00-4:00, Christmas for Kids registration at FLOC offices. We need volunteers here for the thousands of children registering. We would appreciate any help!
- December 6, 7, and 8, FLOC offices, orientation for Christmas for Kids. In this orientation, we will share information on how to serve our Christmas shoppers as personal shoppers. A MOST rewarding experience!!! At this point, you will be signing up for shifts on the 14th or 15th, or both!
- December 6, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- December 7, noon - 1:00 p.m.
- December 8, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- December 14, 10:00 a.m. -- 5:30 p.m., Christmas for Kids for foster population.
- December 15, 10:00 a.m. -- 5:30 p.m., Christmas for Kids for community kids.
Tutors are also needed in all subjects. We have students in need of help in all subjects. Tutoring will be set up in area libraries. Contact Beth Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don't forget to log your hours. Every hour logged demonstrates the staff's commitment to to our communities and those in Raider Country!
Have you wanted to help but had trouble finding the right fit? If you would like to volunteer to help We Serve U with one of our service projects, email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for checking out our volunteer opportunities.