Health Care is a vital part of ensuring that you're covered financially during an Emergency or Office Visit. You may be eligible for Health Care through your local VA Medical Center. Other services include:
VA Health Care
- VA offers health benefits to most veterans without charging enrollment fees, monthly premiums or deductibles. The VA provides access to health care at 44 facilities across Ohio.
- How to Apply for VA Health Benefits
- The simplest way to apply for VA health benefits is by completing and submitting VA Form 10-10EZ, CA Application for Health Benefits online.
- VA Form 10-10EZ: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-10EZ-fill.pdf
- By Phone
- You can apply for enrollment of your benefits or update your information by phone by calling 1-877-222-VETS (8387), Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM (Eastern Time). A VA representative will have your completed form sent to you for verification and signature.
- By Mail
- Print the 10-10EZ form or call to have the form mailed to you. Complete and sign the application, then mail it to:
- Health Eligibility Center
- 2957 Clairmont Road, Suite 200
- Atlanta, GA 30329-1647
- In Person
- Visit a VA Medical Center or clinic nearest you to apply for enrollment or if you are already enrolled, to update your information in person.
Student Health Services
- Student Health Services is your on-campus source for primary health care and wellness services. SHS provides acute and primary care services, promotes health awareness, educates students about preventive care, disease management and therapeutic choices, and helps students develop the skills to manage their own health. Located in the Student Union, we offer fast and convenient care with same-day, walk-in service or physician appointments available.
- A health care provider for eligible veterans, service members and their families. TRICARE provides low cost prescription drugs through mail order and local retail pharmacies. Prescriptions that are filled at military treatment facilities are free of charge.
The Patriot Project
- The Patriot Project, an Ohio-based organization, is a network of chiropractors who assist eligible disabled veterans and active duty military personnel by offering free chiropractic care. There are more than 40 chiropractors in Ohio involved in the Patriot Project