Career Transition Assistance
Aerospace Professional Development Center (APDC)
Department of Defense (DoD)
- DoD provides employment opportunities for veterans. Through their website, veterans can access DoD job fairs, a state map displaying the available positions and helpful tips on how to apply for a job.
Hiring Our Heroes
- Hiring Our Heroes is a program operated by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation. The statewide initiative was launched in 20111 to help veterans, service members and military spouses find employment by having state and local chambers and their partners hold job fairs across the nation.
Ohio Means Jobs - Veterans
- The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services website is an online resource that provides information and tools to assist in the transition to civilian life. The resources include a list of veteran friendly employers, information on Federal and State benefits, job search capabilities, resume writing and a military to civilian skills translator.
Veterans' Employment and Training Services (VETS)
- VETS serves America’s veterans and separating service members by preparing them for meaningful careers, providing employment resources and expertise, and protecting their employment rights.
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- You may receive vocational rehabilitation and employment services to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching. Other services may be provided to assist Veterans in starting their own businesses or independent living services for those who are severely disabled and unable to work in traditional employment.
Job Search Engines
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- H2H.jobs was created to make it easy for Reserve Component Service members to connect to and find jobs with military-friendly companies who are looking for employees with your training and skills.
Feds Hire Veterans
- Feds Hire Vets is a program designed to help military veterans transition into the federal workforce.
- GI Jobs mission is to simplify the military transition experience using education and employment tools and resources to guide you to a successful career.
- HireVeterans.com offers employers access to your resume and veterans access to jobs offered by world class companies. For U.S. Veteran Job Seekers, HireVeterans.com offers the very best and relevant jobs being offered by world class companies in the USA and abroad.
Veterans Job Bank
- The Veterans Job Bank, powered by the National Resource Directory, provides employment opportunities targeted to veterans and works with businesses to identify qualified veterans for available jobs. The Veterans Job Bank offers access to employment opportunities for transitional service members and veterans.
Veteran Jobs Center
- Stars & Stripes offers a Job Center through their website that gives veterans access to thousands of jobs available throughout the country.
Training to Work Programs
Helmets to Hardhats
- Helmets to Hardhats helps military service members successfully transition back into civilian life be offering them the means to secure a quality career in the construction industry. Military service members are offered a three to five year apprenticeship at no cost.
Troops to Energy Jobs
- Troops to Energy Jobs accelerates the training and employability of veterans for work in the energy sector. The program offers veterans the opportunity to be placed throughout the United States.
Troops to Teachers
- Troops to Teachers is an assistance program that helps eligible military personnel use their skills, knowledge and experience in schools. This program is the product of collaboration between the US Department of Education and the Department of Defense.