The Veteran and Military Center is located in Allyn Hall, Room 131. Our primary mission is to help students obtain educational benefits for which they are eligible. The Certifying Official and veteran-student workers work closely with students to help them understand and successfully navigate this sometimes complex process involving multiple agencies.
Our office helps students apply for the various GI Bills, maintain eligibility, and troubleshoot payment and other issues. The Certifying Official submits enrollment and tuition information to the VA Regional Processing Office and/or to the student's Vocational Rehabilitation counselor.
In addition, the Veteran and Military Center may serve as a central resource regarding other programs and resources available to veterans and military-connected students both on campus and in the surrounding community.
Here are your next steps:
Choose Veterans Educational Benefits
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and Transfer of Entitlement (TOE)
- Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Education Assistance Program—REAP (Chapter 1607)
- Survivors and Dependents Assistance—DEA (Chapter 35)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
To Use Educational Benefits
Before scheduling an appointment with the Wright State Office of Veterans Affairs, make sure you:
- are an admitted Wright State University student,
- have registered for classes,
- and have applied for VA educational benefits.
Once you have met these requirements, please schedule an appointment with the Wright State Office of Veterans Affairs. You can come to our office or call us at (937) 775-5550 to make an appointment.