Transfer Credit

Thank you for your service to the country.

Wright State values our students currently in the armed forces and our veterans. We are fortunate to work with students in the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Navy, Marines, and Reserves.

For military students, Wright State offers such services as the Office of Veterans Affairs, Army and Air Force ROTC programs, roommate matching with other military students, an organization for student veterans, and a military-to-civilian transition course.

Application Process

photo of student on campusTo complete the Wright State application process, submit:

  • Application for Undergraduate Admissions
  • Official Transcripts from each college or university previously attended
  • $30 application fee non-refundable application fee (one-time fee; not required if previously paid)
  • Official high school transcripts if you are one of the following:
    • A high school graduate from 1986 or before who is transferring with less than 12 quarter hours (nine semester hours).
    • A high school graduate from 1987 or after who is transferring with less than 45 quarter hours (30 semester hours)

Special note:
If you are transferring 30 or more semester hours (45 or more quarter hours), you must list a major on your application.

Learn more about choosing a major.

Application materials should be submitted to:

Wright State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001

If you prefer, printable application forms (PDF) are available. If you would like an application mailed to you, please call us at (937) 775-5700.

Military Student Timeline

Step 1

Speak to an advisor in the Transfer Student Center about your majors, transfer credits, and educational/personal goals (146 Student Union, 8:30 a.m.—5 p.m., Monday—Friday). If you have more than 90 quarter/60 semester hours and know your intended major, or have taken major-related or technical courses, you may contact the appropriate college/department directly. But if you are undecided about your major, the Transfer Student Center will be more beneficial for you.

Step 2

Contact the Office of Veterans Affairs to discuss GI Bill benefits, transfer of your previous GI Bill, and residency for tuition purposes, (937) 775-5550, 244 Student Union.

Step 3

Apply to the university.

Step 4

Apply for Financial Aid. Wright State's code is 003078 on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you desire, apply for Wright State Scholarships or external scholarships like Ohio Transfer Council Scholarships (

Step 5

Wright State awards college credit for basic military training. All eligible credits must be recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE), who recommends appropriate credit hours to be awarded.Request transcriptsfrom all the institutions that you have attended, including Advanced Placement (AP), CLEP, DANTES Standardized Subject Test, Excelsior College Credit-by-exam, and eligible military training credits (CCAF, AARTS, SMART, & USCG) have final transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions, Wright State University, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45435 (937-775-5700, 1-800-247-1770), To avoid duplication of courses, all transcripts should be submitted as soon as they are available.

Step 6

Shortly after you receive your Wright State Admissions letter, you will receive an email that contains a link to the Orientation. You will need your UID and password, also provided in your admissions letter. We encourage you to set aside about one-half hour to complete this interactive orientation.

Step 7

Register for classes: All admitted students will be assigned to a specific early registration group based on their student classification, the number of credit hours earned, and in some cases randomization within the largest registration groups to subdivide them. Coordinate your registration period with your appointment with your academic advisor. Class Schedule

If you were admitted to University College, contact them at (937) 775-5750.

If you were directly admitted to the college of your major, you can contact that college at:

College Office Location Phone (Area Code 937)
Business 110 Rike Hall 775-2437
Education & Human Services 415 Allyn Hall 775-2821
Engineering & Computer Science 405 Russ Engineering 775-5001
Liberal Arts 163 Millett Hall 775-2225
Nursing & Health 160 University Hall 775-3131
Science & Mathematics 134 Oelman Hall 775-2611


Registration for each term is divided into two periods, Early Registration and Open Registration. Each period has different due dates and policies regarding the cancellation of registration due to nonpayment by the due date.

All students are expected to complete the registration process, including schedule changes, by the end of the Open Registration Period when online registration closes. Specific dates for each term are published in the academic calendar.

Step 8

Apply for a parking permit.

Step 9

If you are a member of the Reserves or National Guard, submit your NOBE, DD Form 2384-1, to the Veterans Affairs Office as soon as you are accepted and registered for classes at Wright State.

Step 10

Complete the Veterans Enrollment Report every term that you are a student.

Students receiving educational benefits must complete the  Veterans Enrollment Report each term. If you change your major or your class schedule or completely withdraw after you have submitted this form, you will need to complete the add/drop card to the Wright State Office of Veteran Affairs.

Call or phone for an appointment: by phone: (937) 775-5550; We are required to certify your enrollment each term with the VA. Failure to report any schedule or major changes to the Office of Veterans Affairs, may result in an overpayment, which the VA will require you to repay.

Step 11

Check your Wright State email frequently. In your email you will receive any Financial Aid awards, your bill, time-sensitive notifications, etc.

Entrance Requirements

Wright State accepts transfer students with an overall grade point average of 2.0 (out of 4.0 scale) (from the last institution that they attempted 12 quarter/9 semester hours or more). However, admission to many of our majors require a higher GPA (and more).