Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) is financial assistance provided for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a service member’s profession and personal self-development goals.
You must be currently serving in an active or reserve capacity to be eligible to receive Tuition Assistance.
Wright State University is approved to accept Tuition Assistance payment from all DOD branches of service.
Tuition Assistance typically covers up to a maximum of $250 per semester hour and up to 16 semester hours per year (the number of funds and/or units may vary by service branch).
To Use TA for Air Force, Navy, Marines
Eligible Service members must receive approval from an Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling in Tuition Assistance (TA).
Once you have completed your TA submission through the appropriate portal, please send approved TA forms to email@example.com for processing.
To Use TA for the Army or Army Ohio National Guard
Recent changes now allow Army Guard and Reserve to utilize Tuition Assistance in conjunction with their Ohio National Guard Scholarship and Department of Veterans Affairs Montgomery Selective Reserve Benefit (1606).
Ohio Army National Guard service members will be required to utilize FTA before their Ohio National Guard Scholarship will be released to WSU.
To use Army TA you must complete all of the steps at least 7 days before the start of the term.
For the Spring 2022 term, your deadline to submit your TA Web Form for the Spring Semester is December 20, 2021.
- You must be an accepted student and registered for the classes.
- You must create an Army Ignited Account and have an accepted Education Path. See the PDF Tutorial – TA-Student – Create a Student User Account Guide.
- Complete the ArmyIgnited TA Web Form for the Spring 2022 Semester. We will need at least 1 business day to process your request and upload your courses to ArmyIgnited.
- IF you are using another Dept. of Veterans Affairs Benefit, such as 1606, please complete the Spring 2022 Veterans Enrollment Report.
- Complete your Tuition Assistance Request in ArmyIgnited. See the Create Education Paths and Tuition Assistance Requests guides.
If at any time you are unable to successfully navigate ArmyIgnited, please contact the VMC at 937-775-5550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.