Veteran and Military Center

Federal Tuition Assistance


Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) is financial assistance provided for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a service member’s profession and personal self-development goals. 

You must be currently serving in an active or reserve capacity to be eligible to receive Tuition Assistance. 

Wright State University is approved to accept Tuition Assistance payment from all DOD branches of service. 

Tuition Assistance typically covers up to a maximum of $250 per semester hour and up to 16 semester hours per year (the number of funds and/or units may vary by service branch). 

To Use TA for Air Force, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines

Eligible Service members must receive approval from an Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling in Tuition Assistance (TA). 

Once you have completed your TA submission through the appropriate portal, please send approved TA forms to for processing. Please allow 3 business days for processing your TA document. A credit will be placed on your student account for the anticipated amount of your TA. At the end of the term, if your service branch fails to pay for your Tuition Assistance, the credit will be reversed and you will be responsible for all charges. Visit the Student Financial Responsibility Statement website for more information. If you drop classes during the 100% refund period, the TA credit will be removed from your student account.

Branch Portals

To Use TA for the Army or Army Ohio National Guard

Recent changes now allow Army Guard and Reserve to utilize Tuition Assistance in conjunction with their Ohio National Guard Scholarship and Department of Veterans Affairs Montgomery Selective Reserve Benefit (1606).

Ohio Army National Guard service members will be required to utilize FTA before their Ohio National Guard Scholarship will be released to WSU. 

To use Army TA you must complete all of the steps at least 10 days before the start of the term. 

For the Fall 2022 term, your deadline to submit your TA Web Form for the Fall Semester is August 8, 2022

Complete the ArmyIgnited TA Web Form for the Fall 2022 Semester. We will need at least 2 business days to process your request and upload your courses to ArmyIgnited. 

  1. You must be an accepted student and registered for the classes. 
  2. You must create an Army Ignited Account and have an accepted Education Path. See the PDF Tutorial – TA-Student – Create a Student User Account Guide. 
  3. Complete the ArmyIgnited TA Web Form for the Spring 2022 Semester. We will need at least 1 business day to process your request and upload your courses to ArmyIgnited. 
  4. IF you are using another Dept. of Veterans Affairs Benefit, such as 1606, please complete the Spring 2022 Veterans Enrollment Report
  5. Complete your Tuition Assistance Request in ArmyIgnited. See the Create Education Paths and Tuition Assistance Requests guides.

If at any time you are unable to successfully navigate ArmyIgnited, please contact the VMC at 937-775-5550 or email us at