The partnership between Wright State University and the John Pirelli Sons of Italy Lodge is dedicated to help preserve and promote Italian culture in the region, and to provide financial assistance to students of Italian descent at Wright State University. Accordingly, we are pleased to announce that the John Pirelli Lodge Italian American Scholarship is now available for application.
• Students must be of Italian descent. (Please indicate Italian surname and provide documentation of ancestry—e.g. Immigration records, Ancestry.com, etc.)
• Submit an essay that discusses ancestry and states why the applicant should be awarded this scholarship.
• The student must be of good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Incoming first year students must submit high school transcript. Transfer students should submit transcripts of all previous work.
• Be a full time undergraduate student.
• In the essay the student may also choose to discuss their academic and professional goals, activities that demonstrate a strong work ethic, and any evidences of connection to aspects of Italian and/or Italian American culture.
• A student who has received an award previously may resubmit in subsequent years. However, all other things equal, priority will be given to new applicants if there are any.
Scholarships of up to $1,000 per student can be awarded. The next deadline is October 10, 2014.
All application materials may be sent to Michelle Streeter-Ferrari in E190 Student Union, University Center For International Education, Wright State University, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, Ohio 45435.
You may also contact Michelle by phone at 775-5745 or by e-mail at email@example.com for more information.
John Pirelli Lodge contact person is Dr. Peter Carusone 436-2112 firstname.lastname@example.org