Since its February 25 report to Faculty, the UUCAPC met on March 17 and April 21, 1997. The following summarizes the curriculum and policy proposals that were approved by the committee:
Proposals for Modification of WAC Program
1. Petitions of removal of credit for course grade also removes credit for WI.Proposals for Changes in Undergraduate Programs
3. Department of Geological Sciences ( reduced admission requirements).Proposals for New Minor Programs
7. Minor in Operations Management (24 hours, 2.0 GPA).Proposal for Change in Transfer Credit Regulations
10. Bring WSU into compliance with OBR Articulation and Transfer Policy -- student transfers from Ohio public colleges and universities with the AA or AS degree will transfer all courses with a passing grade of "D" or above.Honors Program Proposal
11. Abolish "T" grade which is a "no credit" grade available only in Honors courses.In other business, the committee formed an Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Pluralism in American Society. It's charge is to develop a proposal regarding the addition and implementation of "Pluralism In American Society" in the GE Program, including examining a variety of courses in developing a comprehensive program best serving the educational mission of the University. Dr. Rickert has agreed to undertake the task of chairing this subcommittee.
The committee generally discussed advantages and disadvantages of semester and quarter calendar systems, including what may be best for our students, student retention, possible semester calendar dates, transition impacts on students and experiences of other institutions.
In addition, the committee reviewed resubmitted (1) and new Course Inventory (10) and Modification (18) Requests -- approved 18 requests, returned 11 requests with approval subject to changes.