|Present: Daniel Bombick, Candace Cherrington, Michel
Coconis, Jackie Collier, Jean
Edwards, Jeanne Fraker, Jim Steinberg (for Martin Kich), Nathan
Klingbeil, Joe Law, Richard Mercer, Tom
Sav, Megan Conenwett, Karen Wilhoit. Guests: Barbara Dunaway and
Approved Minutes of January 15, 2009.
Writing Across the Curriculum Committee (WAC) -- Joe Law, Chair, no report.
University General Education Committee (UGEC) -- Jean Edwards, Chair, reported that the committee will hold its GE recognition event on May 4. Detailed announcements will be forthcoming shortly.
Course Inventory and Modification Requests
Approved Modifications CS 458
Approved Inventories: ARA 201, ARA 202*, ARA 203*, LI 301, LI 499
Returned Modifications: AFS 499**
* Upon contacting the department chair, the committee added to the prerequisite a "C or better" in the previous course of the sequence.
** Without additional clarification, the change does not appear to be necessary or another course should be proposed.
Returned Inventories: BIO 448*
Approved Modifications: MTH 458
* The committee could not approve the 4 credit hour - 5 day session course. The COSM representatives felt the proposal needed review and discussion in the college.
Approved Inventories*: IT 215, IT 218, IT 223, IT 236, IT 241, IT 245, IT 248, FAS 101, FAS 103, FAS 104, FAS 201, FAS 210, FAS 269, FAS 279, LE 106
* As agreed upon by the LC representative, the committee made minor changes to several of the inventories.
Returned Inventories*: LE 110, LE 112
* As agreed upon by the LC representative, the inventories will be revised and six separate courses will be created and resubmitted for review.
B.S. Early Childhood Education (Admission Requirement)
B.S. Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Science Option*
* Approved subject to receipt of necessary changes in the proposed lab and environmental sequences or requirements.
B.A. Computer Science, Music Option*
* As incorporated here, the committee made necessary changes to the degree requirement hours.
Certificate in Linguistics*
* Approved subject to receipt of necessary changes in part of the admission requirement.
Preliminary Semester Curriculum Guidelines*
* It was agreed that the draft would be taken by the representatives to their constituents for discussion and review. In addition, it will be submitted to the Faculty Senate for the same at its March 2 meeting. UCAPC will then address any feedback at its March 16 meeting.
Adjourned: Next meeting March 16 and other Schedules as follows: