Student Legal Services, Inc. may assist you in the following topical
Disputes involving repairs actions, evictions, late security deposit
refunds, unfair damage assessments, lease review, etc.
Contract and Consumer Matters
Credit problems, defective products, warranty questions, etc.
Misdemeanor Criminal Cases
Shoplifting, criminal damaging, disorderly conduct, fake IDs, expungement
of criminal records, etc.
Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (OVI), speeding,
red light violations, stop sign violations, etc.
Family and Domestic Relations Matters
Simple wills, simple dissolutions, name changes, etc.
Review of employment contracts, notary service, etc. If your particular
legal problem is determined to fall outside Student Legal Services
schedule of benefits, you will be referred for legal assistance
to the appropriate county bar association's attorney referral service,
private attorneys, or other appropriate sources. If you are not
sure whether you particular case may be covered, call us!
LIMITATION OF SERVICES
- You must be a WSU student attending classes to be eligible for
the Student Legal Services, Inc. program
- You must pay the SLS, Inc. fee each quarter with your tuition
- SLS, Inc. may not represent a student in "an action against
a state officer or agency arising out of the performance of the
duties of the officer or agency, against a law enforcement officer
arising out of the performance of the duties of the officer, against
a college or university participating in the plan, against a student
of such a college or university, or against a member of the board
of regents or the board of trustees, faculty, or staff of such
a college or university if the cause of action arises out of the
performance of the duties of the member or in the course of the
members employment by the college or university" (Ohio Revised
- Student Legal Services may provide only limited advice in certain
areas of the law. These areas of law include, but are not limited
- Personal injury and property damage claims
- Estate and probate matters/complex wills and return
- Business/real estate matters
- Copyrights and patents
- Non-moving traffic violations
- Other matters which may unduly monopolize program resources
to the disadvantage of other students
- If you seek further representation or advice, Student Legal
Services, Inc. will provide referrals to attorneys in the community.