- Identify wants vs. needs! Look in the mirror and decide what you want and what you really NEED.
- Before spending money, ask yourself... "Do I want it or do I need it?"
- Keep a spending journal for a few weeks. Write down everything you buy... everything! This will help you determine how all of your money is disappearing.
- When you shop, make a list and stick to it!
- Don't shop when you're bored, angry, or depressed.
- If you go to the mall to socialize, leave those credit cards at home!
- If shopping is your pastime... find a new one!
Click here for a quiz designed to help you understand your spending habits, and click here for answers to frequently asked questions about money psychology.
If you'd like a PDF version of this webpage, you may download one here.