Improve Your Credit Score!
- Pay all your bills on time! Nothing hurts a credit score more than late payments, collections, and bankruptcies.
- Don't get buried in debt! Make sure your credit card balance doesn't rise above 50% of your available credit.
- Establish a long credit history! Keep your oldest account open to establish a long history of responsible bill paying.
- Too many applications for credit cards look bad! Don't fill out a lot of applications in a short amount of time... you'll hurt your credit score.
- Loans from finance companies can have a negative effect on your credit score. Go with a bank... it has a better effect.
Check your Credit Report for Mistakes!
Request your copy at...
Click here for more detailed information about your credit score, and click here for answers to common questions about credit scores!
If you'd like a PDF version of this webpage, you may download one here.