Think before you buy!
Before buying a used car, take these important steps!
- Drive the car before the purchase
- Verify that the 17 digit VIN# matches the door, hood, engine, and dashboard
- Get the seller's verbal promise in writing
- Confirm that the seller is the owner of the vehicle
- Check that the title has a "Lien Satisfied" stamp on it
- Obtain a CarFax.com report. The small fee charged for this may save you hundreds in future repairs!
Beware of a seller who...
- Refuses to let you take the car to a mechanic of your choice
- Offers a selling price that is far below market value
- Wants you to pay now and recieve the title later
Click here for some helpful hints before buying a car.
If you'd like a PDF version of this webpage, you may download one here.