Raider Academy is your opportunity to begin your college adventure early and emerge a leader.
On this page:
In Raider Academy, you’ll enroll in classes for the Summer B semester (June 24–August 1, 2019) and have access to the support you need before campus gets busy in the Fall. You’ll complete the Academy with critical credit hours to apply to your degree requirements, a chance to develop your own success plan and build your support network. By completing Raider Academy, you will be eligible to earn a partial scholarship for the 2019-20 academic year and jumpstart your academic success.
- Register for Fall classes earlier than most
- Create your own personalized academic success plan
- Begin fulfilling degree requirements
- Get to know campus when it is less busy
- Make lasting friendships and build a support network with your Raider Academy cohort
Enrollment in Raider Academy is on a first-come, first-served basis for students meeting the following eligibility requirements for participation below:
- Be admitted at Wright State University
- Be Pell Grant eligible for Summer 2019
- Achieve ACT English score of 12 or higher; OR SAT Writing & Language score of 19 or higher
- Have a high school GPA of 2.2 or higher
Note: College Credit Plus students who have completed the ENG 1100 requirement, are not eligible for Raider Academy
To be admitted to Wright State University, you will need to submit:
- Wright State University Application for Admission
- High school transcript (also needed to process Financial Aid)
- Standardized test scores (ACT, SAT)
- Application fee or fee waiver
To apply for Raider Academy and your chance to earn a $3,000 scholarship for the 2019-20 academic year, fill out the Participation Form.
Estimated costs for Raider Academy will include:
- Per credit hour tuition (7 hours)
- First Year Program fee
- Student Health Insurance and Student Legal Services (optional)
The Raider Academy Scholarship provides up to $3000 for the 2019-20 academic year at Wright State University.
To meet eligibility requirements you must:
- Enroll at Wright State University
- Successfully complete all academy courses in Summer B semester
- Create and fulfill an academic success plan in UVC 1010
- Successfully complete 12+ credit hours in Fall semester
- Achieve a 2.5 cumulative GPA by the end of Fall semester
- Register for 12+ credit hours for Spring semester
Your Academic Advisor must verify that you have met all of above criteria.
Your course schedule for Summer B semester (June 24-August 1, 2019) will be determined by standardized test scores (ACT, SAT) or Wright State's Writing Placement Test. Learn more about the Writing Placement Policy.
|Course||Course Name||Credit Hours|
|ENG 1100||Academic Writing and Reading||3|
|DEV 0920 OR
Foundations of College Reading and Writing OR
|UVC 1010||First-Year Seminar I||1|