On this page:
Hours and Contact Info
Office Hours: Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Office Phone: 937-775-5770; leave a voicemail and your call will be returned during office hours.
Fall 2020 tutoring will be conducted online using Microsoft Teams. More information is available at sign up for tutoring.
Director, Tutoring Services
122 Student Success Center
The mission of Tutoring Services is to serve as a center for learning assistance, which provides an academic support structure for students to develop key learning skills, enhance their confidence, and increase their independence.
The first day to sign up for tutoring and general study coaching appointments is on Book It Day on the following dates:
- Fall 2020 - Friday, August 28, 2020, starting at 9 am
- Spring 2021 - Friday, January 15, 2021
Tutoring Services works to provide support for frequently-requested courses numbered 3000 and below. Tutors and study coaches help students develop a deeper understanding of class material, and gain successful skills that can improve their overall GPA. They assess student academic strengths and challenges, and develop strategies for time-management, test-taking, text-book reading, memorization, and note-taking.
- Tutoring appointments will be arranged for 1 hour per week of tutoring or study coaching per course at no charge.
- Individual or small group tutoring is available by appointment.
- Students can request and be matched for appointments with tutors and study coaches on staff throughout the term.
- Late cancellation and no-show fees of $30 per instance apply.
Tutoring appointments do not include mathematics, statistics, and writing help. For mathematics and statistics help, visit the Math Learning Center page for more information. For writing help, visit the University Writing Center page for more information.
Tutoring appointments will be arranged for 1 hour per week of tutoring or study coaching per course at no charge.
Late Cancellation and no-show fees are $30 per instance. A limit of three instances per class can occur before tutoring appointments for a class are released. General study coaching appointments are subject to this policy.
Book It Day for Fall 2020 will begin Friday, August 28, and run the duration of the term. Appointment requests and inquiries will be responded to Monday–Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Individual/small group tutoring is available for frequently-requested courses numbered 3000 and below. Individual study coach appointments are available. Email follow-up will be sent regarding your request.
FIN 2210 - Login with Campus credentials is required to access resources.
Additional walk-in academic support is available at no charge in the following locations:
Additional study assistance is available through the following organizations and offices:
- Athletics (must be a registered athlete with Wright State)
Contact: Judy Chivers, Academic Advisor/SWA, Athletics
- Bolinga Black Cultural Center
Contact: Tonya Mathis, Bolinga Center Interim Associate Director, 937-775-5645
- Bureau of Vocational Rehab (BVR)
Contact: Amanda Watkins, Assistant Director of Veteran Affairs 937-75-5549
- Military & Dependents (students who are members of the Military and their sponsored dependents)
Contact: Amanda Watkins, Assistant Director of Veteran Affairs 937-775-5549
- Office of Disability Services (ODS)
Contact: email@example.com, Phone: 937-775-5680, TTY: 937-775-5844