Student Handbook Sub Banner
Asian and Native American Center
The Asian and Native American Center was created in the fall of 1997 to support the academic, social, and cultural needs of Asian and Native American students, faculty, and staff at the university. It also serves as an informational resource center regarding the Asian and Native American experience and creates an appreciation and understanding of the diverse Asian and Native American cultures represented within the community. The center also plays a vital role in serving as a cultural liaison to the university and Dayton communities.
The main functions of the Asian and Native American Center are to:
- offer support services for Asian and Native American students.
- advocate on their behalf to the university administration.
- raise awareness in the campus community on Asian and Native American issues.
- support cultural events aimed not only at enhancing the Asian and Native American students' sense of identity, but also developing an appreciation for the Asian and Native American cultures among all members of the Wright State community.
Programs & Activities
The center's programs and activities include:
- Lecture Series
- Leadership Program
- Recognition/Awards Program
- Open House/Receptions
- Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
- Film Series
- Native American Heritage Month Celebration
- Cultural Activities
- Asian Heritage Month Celebration
The center works collaboratively with the Bolinga Black Cultural Resource Center and Women's Center to co-sponsor common programs featuring the uniqueness and commonalities among the three centers. Additionally, the center also collaborates with other units and departments on program planning and development. Located in 154 Millett, (937) 775-2798, the center is a "home away from home " for various student groups including:
- Asian Student Association (ASA)
- Latinos Unidos
- Association of Native American Students (ANAS)
- Asian and Native American (ANA) Council
Visit the center’s website for frequent updates and detailed information on the center’s events.