Student Organization Budget Committee (SOBC)
Special Funding Committee (SFC)
Please read the Special Funding Committee (SFC) Steps to Apply before advancing to the SFC application.
Special Funding Committee (SFC) allows any group on campus (Organization or Department) to ask for funds for a project or event.
The purpose of the Special Funding Committee (SFC) is to provide a funding source for one-time activities, events, or programs sponsored by registered student organizations that are not otherwise financially supported by the Student Organization Budget Committee (SOBC). The SFC provides grants and loans throughout the academic year. Student organizations or university-sponsored student groups requesting funding must complete an SFC application.
The biggest stipulation is your organization cannot have already asked for funds from SOBC for this project or event, except, if you experience an extra cost you did not expect in your SOBC request.
SFC will meet bi-weekly on Mondays starting at 3:30 p.m.
Steps to Apply:
- Read through the SFC Funding Priorities and Expenditure Guidelines.
- Fill out the entire SFC Application.
- The form must be typed and signed by the organization's advisor.
- Sign up for an appointment to meet with the Special Funding Committee on Engage.
- Attach a scanned copy of the signed application.
- Visit the front desk in 019 Student Union for assistance with scanning if needed.
- Please turn in applications and sign up no later than 1 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
- Meetings consist of 10 minutes for presentations and 5 minutes for Q&A (No PowerPoint, please).
- After meeting with the committee, your organization will receive a notification about the decision within 2-3 business days.
- Print out and complete the Post Audit Form, including all original receipts.
- Return Post Audit Form with all receipts to 019 Student Union no later than 10 days after the organization's event.