Student Organization Budget Committee (SOBC)
Special Funding Committee (SFC)
Please read the Special Funding Committee (SFC) Steps to Apply before advancing to the SFC application.
Special Funding Committee (SFC) allows any group on campus (Organization or Department) to ask for funds for a project or event.
The purpose of the Special Funding Committee (SFC) is to provide a funding source for one-time activities, events, or programs sponsored by registered student organizations that are not otherwise financially supported by the Student Organization Budget Committee (SOBC). The SFC provides grants and loans throughout the academic year. Student organizations or university-sponsored student groups requesting funding must complete an SFC application.
The biggest stipulation is your organization cannot have already asked for funds from SOBC for this project or event, except, if you experience an extra cost you did not expect in your SOBC request.
All SFC Meetings meet on Fridays bi-weekly at starting at 10 a.m.
- January 19
- February 2
- February 16
- March 9
- March 23
Steps to Apply:
- Read through the SFC Funding Priorities and Expenditure Guidelines (PDF).
- Fill out the entire SFC Application on OrgSync.
- Print out 5 copies and deliver to front desk of 019 Student Union (Office of Student Activities).
- Schedule an appointment to meet with the Special Funding Committee at the time your organization drops off the funding request.
Please turn in applications and sign up by 12pm the Tuesday before the meeting.
- After meeting with the committee, your organization will receive a notification about the decision within 2-3 business days.
- Print out and complete the Post Audit Form (PDF), including all original receipts.
- Return Post Audit Form with all receipts to 019 Student Union no later than 10 days after the organization’s event.