While events on campus have been postponed our team has compiled some fun things to do from the comfort of your home!
Virtual Classes and Shows
- Our own Campus Recreation is offering workout of the day, and other virtual challenges via their Facebook page or via Instagram @wrightstrec.
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems! Every day at 1:00 ET Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence is sharing a doodle lesson. Videos available after the live event via the Kennedy Center YouTube channel
- Take art courses from the Museum of Modern Art
- For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations in both English and Spanish.
- Nightly Metropolitan Opera Live Streams
- Drawing with Michael Woodside - learn to draw Disney Characters - live streamed on YouTube and Instagram daily at 10:00 am - #drawingwithwoodsy (videos are also recorded).
- Josh Gad (Olaf from Frozen) reads books every weeknight (times vary but you can also watch the recorded videos) on Twitter - #GadBookClub
Virtual Tours and Museums
You can't travel - but that won't stop you from visiting some of the world's best museums virtually! Check out these sites to take a trip around the globe.
- The Louvrein Paris
- Musee d'Orsay in Paris
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporaty Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropoloty, Mexico City
- British Museum
- Natural History Museum in London
- La Casa Azul - Frida Kahlo Museum
- Even our own National Museum of the United States Air Force!
And since we are talking about traveling - check out some cool places around the world and close by - from National Parks to National Landmarks
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Learn more about the Grand Canyonor Yosemiteor the Grand Tetons
- So many different places around the world to choose from here
- Cincinnati Zoofacebook page has Home Safari everyday at 3:00! View past safaris and resources here.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- National Aquarium
- Walt Disney World: Set aside some time, because there's plenty to see here. Virtual tours of Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot, just to name a few. There are also unofficial YouTube videos that feel just like you're on famous rides like the Frozen Ever After ride, It's a Small World, Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- SeaWorld Orlando
Learn, Engage, Achieve, and Develop
Take flight and soar with exciting opportunities for student involvement at Wright State. Going to Wright State is about making the most of your life as a student. As you get involved, you'll not only have a lot of fun, you'll also develop your leadership abilities, raise your consciousness, and acquire skills you'll use after college.
- Activities and Programs
Annual events include Welcome Weeks, Fall Fest, and Homecoming in the fall, and April Craze in the spring.
- Fraternities and Sororities
Be a part of one of our 23 fraternities and sororities; each committed to achieving excellence in quality while leaving a legacy for the future fraternal community.
- Leadership Opportunities
Learn from experiences that promote leadership, involvement, and success through partnerships.
Students who perform community service gain experience by working for nonprofit or other agencies.
- Student Organizations
Our list of student clubs and organizations is always evolving with the changing interests of students. Getting involved is easy. View our list and contact the org(s) that match your interests.
Commonly Requested Information
Stop by our office on the lower level of the Student Union or give us a call at (937) 775-5570 if you have questions or would like to get involved on campus!